Hacking How to shrink wii games so that it will fit on my 4GB SD card.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm wondering how to shrink the wii games (takes off the extra space it puts in to make it 4.7GB), so that I can put them on my SD card? And what program do I use to load it from the SD card? neogamma? Thanks.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can format your card to WBFS using any of the WBFS Manager programs in the Wii - Backup Loaders forum. WBFS automatically scrubs games to remove empty space and updates. Then, you can load the game using most of the modern USB loaders (Neogamma, USB Loader GX, etc).

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
miketh2005 said:
Hello, I'm wondering how to shrink the wii games (takes off the extra space it puts in to make it 4.7GB), so that I can put them on my SD card? And what program do I use to load it from the SD card? neogamma? Thanks.
Use Wiiscrubber, or a WBFS Manager to put it on your SD Card. (WBFS Managers automatically "shrink" them.)

Use Configurable USB Loader.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I did this, and I put the games on my SD card, but now that it is WBFS, my computer doesm't recognize stuff is on the drive, and it says I need to format it. How am I supposed to put Configurable USB Loader on the SD card??? Thanks as always for your hard volunteer work
smile.gif

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or you can partition your SD card. I forgot all the details, but you basically have to change the driver used to read your SD on your PC to make it think it's an internal drive, and then you can partition it.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
why not just use fat32 and wii backup manager to transfer the games to sd card

thats exactly what i did, but neogamma doesnt work, and i dont know how to use the others. i used WBFS manager to format the card to WBFS and then put the games on the SD card. everything worked fine, but when i put it in the wii and loaded up neogamma it said

"Launching game.
Connection to WBFS Lost."

Posts merged

QUOTE(Bixbite @ Jan 10 2010, 02:48 AM) Or you can partition your SD card. I forgot all the details, but you basically have to change the driver used to read your SD on your PC to make it think it's an internal drive, and then you can partition it.

I used WBFS manager to partition it to WBFS.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres what I did to put mario on a sd for usb loading. put the configurable usb loader on your SD card in the front....where your HBC stuff is under apps.
Then take another sd card and format it wbfs......I used the ncWBFStool program successfully for my SD card format and transfer of the game to it. Then plug it in a card reader on the left usb port in the back. My sandisk SD card (8GB) with a china .20 cent card reader works fine.

The computer will always ask you to format.....it doesnt read WBFS.....hit CANCEL everytime you plug it in

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultralex said:
you could installe wbfsdriive,then windows will recognize wbfs drives.
have you actually tried that program? it doesnt work like that. for me, anyway. its just like a shortcut, but it doesnt work for me.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only program that does my SD cards correctly was ncwbfsTool.......I tried almost all of them and they always gave an error or wouldnt work.

wiiflow and config usb loader are the best for WBFS usb loading.....high compatibility, very few problems on both my wii's.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afnuke said:
The only program that does my SD cards correctly was ncwbfsTool.......I tried almost all of them and they always gave an error or wouldnt work.

wiiflow and config usb loader are the best for WBFS usb loading.....high compatibility, very few problems on both my wii's.

THANKS SOOOO MUCH, DUDE! IT WORKS PERFECTLY WITH ncwbfsTool, and WiiFlow! (config usb loader was too complicated to install xD)

YAAAY!
hrth.gif
I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH MAN!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-