Tutorial  Updated

How to setup AUTORCM for noobs

DISCLAIMER: YOU WILL NEED A TO USE A JIG ONLY ONE TIME. ALTHOUGH THIS GUIDE IS MADE TO AVOID JIGS,YOU WILL STILL NEED ONE JUST ONCE,I WILL ALSO NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR SYSTEM.
FOR MORE INFO ON HOW AUTORCM WORKS,PLEASE REFER TO THIS PAGE :) https://gbatemp.net/threads/bricking-your-switch-on-purpose-or-how-autorcm-works.504658/
I believe there is such a thing as "boot reason" stored somewhere too. So, they can also see that every single boot is done via RCM.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BANS,WE AREN'T SURE IF WE CAN GET BANNED USING THIS METHOD,BUT USE AT OWN RISK.
Stop using your paperclips and jigs and start using autorcm now!
Autorcm is literally automatic rcm at boot,meaning that you will no longer need an rcmjig and won't have to press the volume + button at boot. But,you will no longer be able to use Horizon(the normal switch OS to play games) without a computer to run the payload.
Using less your jigs and using autorcm instead,will avoid wearing out your Nintendo switch's pins,so reducing wear on a console that has a vulnerability that will be patched by Nintendo with the future Mariko switch revision.
So far this works on 4.x,5.x and 1.x - 3.0 (all fw)
Depending on your OS you will launch the payloads a different programs,this guide though,will only cover windows.
First of all
you need to download this executable https://github.com/eliboa/TegraRcmGUI/releases/tag/1.3.0 and then run "TegraRcmGUI.exe"
then download briccmii https://files.sshnuke.net/briccmiiv1.zip
Now you need to boot into rcm using any method available a full list is available here(REMEMBER THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU WILL EVER USE A JIG :)): https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-mods-to-enter-rcm.502145/
now in tegrarcmgui select the briccmii payload we downloaded earlier
and press the "inject payload" button

Now something should appear on your switch,like this

IMG_20180523_094325.jpg
so now press vol- to setup AUTORCM.
Now if you press the power button,your Nintendo switch will not reboot to horizon,instead it will reboot into rcm mode.
From here you can boot into hekate(cfw mode) and play some homebrew or boot into Hekate(ofw mode) and play some official games.
To run Hekate depending on your firmware you will download one of these two files. For example,if I were on 4.x I would download the 4.x Hekate sdfiles.
5.x hekate
https://github.com/Jan4V/hekate-ipl-50x/releases/tag/v1.0.0
4.x hekate
https://github.com/nx-python/hekate-ipl-4x/releases
1.x - 3.x hekate
https://github.com/Jan4V/hekate-ipl-50x/releases/download/v1.0.0/sdfiles.zip
Once you downloaded one of the two sdfiles, you will extract these files and put them all in the root of the sd card.
Now the payload that you need to run from your pc is:
Payload to run from PC
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases/tag/v1.5.1
Now open "tegrarcmgui.exe" and select the payload we just downloaded and press inject.
You should now be booted into hekate.
Before we do anything,we need to backup our Nand.
To backup our Nand,in hekate go to tools and select dump eMMC RawNand.
This won't be a fast process so be ready to wait.
Once done power off your switch and insert the microsd card in your computer
there will either multiple files or a single file if it's a single file it should be called "rawnand.bin" else if it's multiple files there should be "rawnand.bin.(numberofpart)"
Now copy over the nand backup, and reboot into hekate like we did before.
You are now good to go and you will never need to use a jig ever again!
AUTORCM IN ACTION!

pros:
no jig needed;
no ware on the pins;
no hastle to setup;
no hastle to uninstall;
cons:
this will only ever boot your console in RCM MODE,meaning that you will always need a device to boot you into hekate;
hekate currently doesn't support sleep mode,so you will need to run the payload from pc every time you power off;
UNINSTALLATION
run the briccmii payload from tegrarcmgui and now something should appear on your switch. Press the vol+ button to get rid of autorcm.
HOPE THIS HELPS :)

Last edited by jimmyj,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been a while (in homebrew scene terms) since this thread was updated. Is there any confirmation on if there is any sort of battery drain when using autoRCM while using SX OS ? I'd wish to not wear out the rail pins with continuous inserting and removing of the jig. Also, each time I need to add or remove any backups from the microSD card, I need to power off. Hopefully that would reduce the number of times I need to insert the jig.
Its not the battery drain thats the problem, but the charge rate. In RCM when the Switch's BCT is corrupt aka AutoRCM is installed, the charge rate is diminished which can show falsely elevated battery levels when you boot into Horizon (Switch's OS). This isn't a battery de-sync issue however. Even if the Switch's battery dies with AutoRCM, the diminished charge rate can eventually accumulate to turn the console on but there is a very small chance that the console will refuse to accept a charge which has happened to only one person so far.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What happens if you run out of battery while in autorcm mode?
not much actually. you just have to let it charge for about 40min and then inject a payload,in some rare cases you won't be able to charge it because of the pd controller freezing,to fix this you must remove and re insert the battery

CYB3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not much actually. you just have to let it charge for about 40min and then inject a payload,in some rare cases you won't be able to charge it because of the pd controller freezing,to fix this you must remove and re insert the battery
I understood that the battery does not charge when in RCM mode

korayg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I upgraded my system to 5.1.0 with ChoiDuJour...
So it enabled Auto RCM by default..how can i disable Auto RCM if i want to ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not from more than 2 feet tho
    +1