How to run mkey python script for the 3ds?

X3NOD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In a recent gbatemp thread called "3ds Parental controls / SALT" I've discovered that the mkey salthax website doesn't support recent update made for the 3ds such as 11.6 the most recent one.
So a user explain that you have to take the script from github and run it on phyton in order to get the master key.
But after several attempts I didn't understand how did people manage to run the mkey script with python, because in my case it shows me an error on python 3.11 from the micorsoft store, even after configurate the day, month and inquiry number of my 3ds.
Most of the time it say "crypto is not defined"
So how can I run the masterkey script on python to get my masterkey?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
In a recent gbatemp thread called "3ds Parental controls / SALT" I've discovered that the mkey salthax website doesn't support recent update made for the 3ds such as 11.6 the most recent one.
So a user explain that you have to take the script from github and run it on phyton in order to get the master key.
But after several attempts I didn't understand how did people manage to run the mkey script with python, because in my case it shows me an error on python 3.11 from the micorsoft store, even after configurate the day, month and inquiry number of my 3ds.
Most of the time it say "crypto is not defined"
So how can I run the masterkey script on python to get my masterkey?
https://github.com/zoogie/mkey/releases/tag/v1.0
This is just regular exe you can try instead of the python script. Should work but no guarantee. Works for me (tm).

Reactions: X3NOD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.