Hacking Question How to run HBL server from home?

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Iv been trying to host the files at home so i can run HBL at home just having trouble with current server connecting because i can never get the install.

ballcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See: hxxps:// switchbrew.github. io/nx-hbl/

If what it is saying doesn't make a lot of sense, then there will probably need to be a longer tutorial. That being said, here is what I did.

(1) Clone the repo linked above (git clone hxxps:// github. com/switchbrew/nx-hbexploit300.git)
(1a) You may need to install dependencies like NodeJS. I already had these installed and am not going to start from scratch on this. However, one thing I did have to do is install the 'browserify' module globally. To do this, run:
npm install -g browserify
(2) Make and install the above repo per the switchbrew tutorial (make install && make).
(3) Install a DNS server. (apt-get install dnsmasq).
(4) Adjust DNS server to to point ALL traffic to the IP that will be hosting the homebrew launcher exploit. (e.g. edit /etc/dnsmasq.conf with your favorite editor, then put one line in it reading
address=/#/1.2.3.4 where 1.2.3.4 is your local web server IP).
(5) Start up a web server pointing to the /build/ folder you made above per switchbrew instructions.
(5a) Note that the nx-hbexploit300 repo includes a basic python web server that will support this (http_server.py). Just make sure to edit this python file and change the following line to your internal IP of the webserver: server_address = ('192.168.2.200', port)
(6) Change your switch's DNS server to the IP of the server you installed DNSMASQ on above. Connect and it should redirect you to a web browser with the homebrew launcher. Bonus! You can see any error messages and such in the terminal via the built-in python web server.

Hope this helps. Can explain in more detail if you're stuck on any of it.

Reactions: FunThomas

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You also need to redirect the domain ctest.cdn.nintendo.net to your local webserver
I tried that with wamp and even fiddler

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

See: hxxps:// switchbrew.github. io/nx-hbl/

If what it is saying doesn't make a lot of sense, then there will probably need to be a longer tutorial. That being said, here is what I did.

(1) Clone the repo linked above (git clone hxxps:// github. com/switchbrew/nx-hbexploit300.git)
(1a) You may need to install dependencies like NodeJS. I already had these installed and am not going to start from scratch on this. However, one thing I did have to do is install the 'browserify' module globally. To do this, run:
npm install -g browserify
(2) Make and install the above repo per the switchbrew tutorial (make install && make).
(3) Install a DNS server. (apt-get install dnsmasq).
(4) Adjust DNS server to to point ALL traffic to the IP that will be hosting the homebrew launcher exploit. (e.g. edit /etc/dnsmasq.conf with your favorite editor, then put one line in it reading
address=/#/1.2.3.4 where 1.2.3.4 is your local web server IP).
(5) Start up a web server pointing to the /build/ folder you made above per switchbrew instructions.
(5a) Note that the nx-hbexploit300 repo includes a basic python web server that will support this (http_server.py). Just make sure to edit this python file and change the following line to your internal IP of the webserver: server_address = ('192.168.2.200', port)
(6) Change your switch's DNS server to the IP of the server you installed DNSMASQ on above. Connect and it should redirect you to a web browser with the homebrew launcher. Bonus! You can see any error messages and such in the terminal via the built-in python web server.

Hope this helps. Can explain in more detail if you're stuck on any of it.

So you're telling me i gotta jump on VMware and do this via linux i guess i will give it a shot sometime today.

ballcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that with wamp and even fiddler

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So you're telling me i gotta jump on VMware and do this via linux i guess i will give it a shot sometime today.
I am assuming Windows has a DNS server you can install as well, but overall is probably much easier to do this via Linux.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: