Gaming How to rip games?

o0ICE0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...I have run into a wee predicament.
I now know how to flash my drive, and how to burn the backups, but no idea of how to rip the games.

I'm not going to download them. Thats not cool.
mellow.gif

How?
All goggle has done for me is link me to sites selling magic software to backup every game ever made.

frown.gif

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could A) buy a kreon drive and use xbox backup creator to do the work for you. (Recommended because it generates stealth files) B) Use wxripper to use you conventional burner to rip the game however it quickly lessens the life of the burner and does not generate stealth files. Not a problem if you abgx360 to download the stealth patches.

o0ICE0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiwovo said:
just download!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hate people who goes against common sense
Common sense?
Really?
My Internet is provided by a company called Hughes Net.
They have this amazing little policy that caps any user's activity.
It's called the F.A.P. (no joke...)
The Fair Access Policy.
I have a limit of 300 mb per 24 hours.
To download all of a 6 GB+ game, it would take forever.

I have almost no option but to rip them myself.

To sjones, thank you for your reply.
I am going to look into this.
Thanks!

o0ICE0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, how does it lessen the life of the burner?
How dramatic is the lessening?
Edit:
sorry for the dp, but I thought it would automerge.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
o0ICE0o said:
kiwovo said:
Common sense?
Really?
The Fair Access Policy.

Thanks!

Wow, that is shocking. Why don't you just change isp's?

I have an external kreon dvd drive. Works great. Although now I just download most my games.

o0ICE0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's this or dial up.
Also, I guess the B) method breaks down the drive becasue you ned to take it apart?

A) it is...
Any good place to get them?
I see lots on ebay...

Johnlennonjumped

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o0ICE0o said:
kiwovo said:
Common sense?
Really?
The Fair Access Policy.

Thanks!

I hate satellite internet, but the best way to do is download and since you have a limit i don't know what to tell you

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Johnlennonjumped said:
I hate satellite internet, but the best way to do is download and since you have a limit i don't know what to tell you
i love your avatar

that is all...

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It's also worth mentioning that there is another way to rip games than by getting a Kreon drive.

If the DVD drive is flashed with iXtreme 1.6 or 1.61 (I forget if 1.51 did it too), then you can plug your DVD drive into your comp with the tray half open to enter 0800 mode. Your comp will then recognise the drive as a normal DVD drive and (after you make it close the tray again) assign it a drive letter.

After that it's a simple matter of sticking the game in, loading up your favourite ripping program (I use Xbox Backup Creator), then checking the ISO you get with ABGX360. It's worked every time for me (although I have a connectivity kit because I don't want to power the drive with my xbox - too cumbersome).

I've heard Kreon firmwares are getting old and outdated.... but I've never tried them because that's extra money I don't want to spend...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The kreon firmwares only rip SSv1 (and not the good version of SSv1 at that)- you need either a drive in 0800 mode (the tray half open thing) or to flash a drive to always be in 0800 mode.
LT removed said mode though as part of getting closer to the original firmware.

After that xbox backup creator is what you want.

If you do want to use a drive then http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...t=0&start=0 actually has it covered pictures and all. Should you so desire you can instead rip games with kreon and patch in SSV2 when it appears on ABGX360:
http://abgx360.net/verified.php Search for your chosen game and the number to the right of the "wave" is where you can find the required SS files and a link to a guide to patch them in.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is even easier than flashing a normal drive-> you download the 0800 firmware from xbins (make it one from the 1.6 line), put your drive in flashing mode and flash it. No need for keys, no need for building a firmware.

Naturally this overwrites the drive so make sure you have any keys you want from it first and it will be in 0800 mode until you flash it with a console intended firmware- no good for playing games on.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
It's also worth mentioning that there is another way to rip games than by getting a Kreon drive.

If the DVD drive is flashed with iXtreme 1.6 or 1.61 (I forget if 1.51 did it too), then you can plug your DVD drive into your comp with the tray half open to enter 0800 mode. Your comp will then recognise the drive as a normal DVD drive and (after you make it close the tray again) assign it a drive letter.

I have another 360 witch is broken. It's benq was flashed with 1.6. I didn't know I could do this with the drive! Thanks for the info! I just have one other question. I might flash my new 360 once the 30days are up. Are 1.6 backs-ups safe with 1.61 drives or should i flash to 1.6? Again thanks for the info!

+1

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If 30 days means the live "demo"/taster you get then read on but a warranty is considerably longer. If you do not care about the latter (good on you) then there is no issue flashing the drive now.

Safe has many meanings- the only firmware we have that is safe for live is iextreme LT (the sucessor to the 1.6 line)

1.6 is the original firmware made in response to wave 3 (among other things) while 1.61 is the quick fix made for wave 4 and beyond.
If however you are running an offline box we suggest 1.6NS (non stealth) instead. Everything that works on 1.6 should work on 1.61 unless you did something silly like wave patching an iso.

LT had a few underlying changes though which most notably includes splitvid being mandatory- ABGX360 can patch it in easily enough but some older copies you have made and indeed some older isos may well not be using it so while the previously burned discs may not work in LT.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The way to know if they are safe, as I mentioned before, is to check them with ABGX360. If there's anything wrong with them (other than CRC mismatches in the actual game data), it'll fix them for you.

1.61 should be able to run any game currently available. LT too.

EDIT: I was slow to post ;p

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
If 30 days means the live "demo"/taster you get then read on but a warranty is considerably longer. If you do not care about the latter (good on you) then there is no issue flashing the drive now.

Safe has many meanings- the only firmware we have that is safe for live is iextreme LT (the sucessor to the 1.6 line)

1.6 is the original firmware made in response to wave 3 (among other things) while 1.61 is the quick fix made for wave 4 and beyond.
If however you are running an offline box we suggest 1.6NS (non stealth) instead. Everything that works on 1.6 should work on 1.61 unless you did something silly like wave patching an iso.

LT had a few underlying changes though which most notably includes splitvid being mandatory- ABGX360 can patch it in easily enough but some older copies you have made and indeed some older isos may well not be using it so while the previously burned discs may not work in LT.

My last xbox was flashed for me. I mean ban safe. So I should switch to LT on the new xbox. Whats the best flashling program for the drive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn