How to remove DIOS MIOS?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 3bbb7, Jun 23, 2013.

1. 3bbb7
    OP

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    This is just so I know how to do it in the future, im not having any issues with it right now.

I have installed dios mios a while ago and it works great, the only thing is that I cant play legit disks unless my external hdd is plugged in.

How do I uninstall dios mios in the future if I have to? Thanks

2. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    Install the standard Nintendo MIOS overtop of it. They both install to the same spot, they cannot coexist, they just wipe each other out. Latest version of MIOS is v10 and will have the name "RVL-mios-v10.wad" You can pack it yourself with NUSD http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You need to install the original MIOS, which will overwrite DIOS MIOS. IIRC You grab the original MIOS with something like NUSDownloader (tell it to pack it as a WAD), and install like you did DIOS MIOS.
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

EDIT: Usually I'm the one doing the ninja-ing. The tables have turned!

nukeboy95 likes this.
  4. 3bbb7
    OP

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Thanks! good to know. Also is this a common issue with dios mios that I cant play games unless my hard drive is plugged in?

5. AngryGeek416

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    plug in anything into the usb slot and you can play ur retail games i know its kind of annoying but thats the way it is

6. keymanb

keymanb Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Sorry, I know this is kind of grave digging, but do you mind telling me where I get the original nintendo MIOS?

7. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    He did. Download the MIOS WAD via NUS Downloader, then use the WAD manager you used to install DIOS MIOS to install the official MIOS over it.

Still, probably should have just made a new thread or do some searching to find the answer instead of digging up a two year old thread.

8. keymanb

keymanb Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Uh, ok I have NUS downloader, could you like PM me just a brief instructions guide, sorry I'm such a nooby pain.