Hacking How to remove DIOS MIOS?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just so I know how to do it in the future, im not having any issues with it right now.

I have installed dios mios a while ago and it works great, the only thing is that I cant play legit disks unless my external hdd is plugged in.

How do I uninstall dios mios in the future if I have to? Thanks

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You need to install the original MIOS, which will overwrite DIOS MIOS. IIRC You grab the original MIOS with something like NUSDownloader (tell it to pack it as a WAD), and install like you did DIOS MIOS.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

EDIT: Usually I'm the one doing the ninja-ing. The tables have turned!

Reactions: nukeboy95

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! good to know. Also is this a common issue with dios mios that I cant play games unless my hard drive is plugged in?

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks! good to know. Also is this a common issue with dios mios that I cant play games unless my hard drive is plugged in?

plug in anything into the usb slot and you can play ur retail games i know its kind of annoying but thats the way it is

keymanb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to install the original MIOS, which will overwrite DIOS MIOS. IIRC You grab the original MIOS with something like NUSDownloader (tell it to pack it as a WAD), and install like you did DIOS MIOS.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

EDIT: Usually I'm the one doing the ninja-ing. The tables have turned!

Sorry, I know this is kind of grave digging, but do you mind telling me where I get the original nintendo MIOS?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I know this is kind of grave digging, but do you mind telling me where I get the original nintendo MIOS?
He did. Download the MIOS WAD via NUS Downloader, then use the WAD manager you used to install DIOS MIOS to install the official MIOS over it.

Still, probably should have just made a new thread or do some searching to find the answer instead of digging up a two year old thread.

keymanb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He did. Download the MIOS WAD via NUS Downloader, then use the WAD manager you used to install DIOS MIOS to install the official MIOS over it.

Still, probably should have just made a new thread or do some searching to find the answer instead of digging up a two year old thread.

Uh, ok I have NUS downloader, could you like PM me just a brief instructions guide, sorry I'm such a nooby pain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1