How to remove all bbcode from a post?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Nyap, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Nyap
    OP

Nyap HTML Noob

Banned
    Jan 13, 2016
    That Chaos Site
    Basically, the BBcode in my SmileBASIC introduction tutorial (see sig)(shameless self promotion) is completely fucked up, and sometimes when I make a change in x location, something weird happens somewhere else e.g.
    So yeah, I want to get rid of all the bbcode and start again
    Is there an easy way?

Last edited by Nyap, Jul 19, 2016
  2. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Lol what? If you're formating the BBCODE correctly you should have no problem just selecting it and removing it.

3. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    The easiest way would be to switch to the rich text editor, select all, and click the clear formatting button in the top right corner, but otherwise you should be able to delete all the relevant tags if you're using BBcode.

VinLark likes this.
  4. Nyap
    OP

Nyap HTML Noob

Banned
    Jan 13, 2016
    That Chaos Site
    the reason I was hesitant to do it manually is because the bbcode was starting to pile up like this
    [ size=3 ][ font=Arial ][ size=5 ][ size=3 ][ font=Arial ][ size=5 ][ size=3 ][ font=Arial ][ size=5 ][ size=3 ][ font=Arial ][ size=5 ][ size=3 ][ font=Arial ][ size=5 ][ size=3 ][ font=Arial ][ size=5 ][ size=3 ][ font=Arial ][ size=5 ][ size=3 ][ font=Arial ][ size=5 ][ size=3 ][ font=Arial ][ size=5 ]Blah blah blah[ \size ][ \font ][ \size ][ \size ][ \font ][ \size ][ \size ][ \font ][ \size ][ \size ][ \font ][ \size ][ \size ][ \font ][ \size ][ \size ][ \font ][ \size ][ \size ][ \font ][ \size ][ \size ][ \font ][ \size ][ \size ][ \font ][ \size ]
    and "SmileBASICs" is quite a long post so

but I removed it manually eventually, and weird things are still happening. Like look in the last section, and there will be links to images which used to having [ img ][ \img ] around them. I did not remove the img myself, they just disappeared after I edited the answers spoiler in the Quiz (still last section) for some reason

edit: fixed the pictures now

Last edited by Nyap, Jul 20, 2016