chauffler

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(My 3ds is still covered under warranty; I bought it from walmart) since a redesign of the 3ds is inevitable and I don't want to have the giant slide pad add on. Does anyone know how I could get a refund from nintendo on it. I've heard if you say it hurts your eyes you can get a refund but I don't want to lie about it anyone have any ideas

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
fergieboy10 said:
(My 3ds is still covered under warranty; I bought it from walmart) since a redesign of the 3ds is inevitable and I don't want to have the giant slide pad add on. Does anyone know how I could get a refund from nintendo on it. I've heard if you say it hurts your eyes you can get a refund but I don't want to lie about it anyone have any ideas

You go to the place you purchased it at for a refund, which would be Walmart with receipt and all materials and hardware that came in the box. Unless of course the return policy prohibits returning that after a certain time frame.

chauffler

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I feel so stupid now. I thought it was way trickier then that but a better question would be, "Can I wait a whole year with out playing OoT3d." I still contemplating whether I should refund it or not. Hmmmmmmmm

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, 15 day return policy on video game hardware
but also almost every store requires the item not to be opened

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The slidepad is optional crap, why would you want to sell your 3DS? Games don't need it. Look at Mh Tri-G at TGS, it runs perfectly without it.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fergieboy10 said:
Lol I feel so stupid now. I thought it was way trickier then that but a better question would be, "Can I wait a whole year with out playing OoT3d." I still contemplating whether I should refund it or not. Hmmmmmmmm

If you can return it, I say go for it and save your money for the PS Vita

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
RoMee said:

Pfft! 3DS>PSvita because its closer to being hacked and is cheaper to pirate games! The only game im willing to pay for on PSVita is P4. The rest can go and rot until piracy comes. The 3DS got a few more interesting tittles that im willing to buy like MH3G, ToA, KH & Proffesor Layton vs Ace.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The better games are coming staring this holiday.

If you like them and don't mind the wait, then don't sell.
If you don't like, then sell it and get something else.

Akeno Hayashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i work at a walmart in my neighborhood and they care about customers kind of. lets say they just dont want bad reviews. just go, take your receipt and make a big fuss about it and then they will refund your money. works like a charm

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this scared you into wanting to return your system, why the hell did you bother buying it in the first place? It's no secret that Nintendo releases new revisions of it's portable hardware on a regular basis...

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
RoMee said:

Pfft! 3DS>PSvita because its closer to being hacked and is cheaper to pirate games! The only game im willing to pay for on PSVita is P4. The rest can go and rot until piracy comes. The 3DS got a few more interesting tittles that im willing to buy like MH3G, ToA, KH & Proffesor Layton vs Ace.
Heh. Yeah. Support the console you can hack. XD

As for refunding your 3DS, I wouldn't know what to do. Take it back, sell it, or keep it. Either suggestion works in it's own way. I am willing to buy one for a few games, but mainly because of the use of flash carts.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
DarkStriker said:
3DS>PSvita because its closer to being hacked

closer to being hacked in what way? the crown 3ds flash kit? its just a alleged 1:1 cart with a reprogrammable chip, so users can load their own games. the 3ds has not been hacked.

the vita will be an ideal system for gaming, wait until you have some hands on time with it before you say 1 is better than the other.

QUOTE(fergieboy10 @ Sep 16 2011, 04:06 PM) since a redesign of the 3ds is inevitable

nintendo reps have said on numerous occasions that the 3ds combines all of the desired technology in the most compact design. they clearly said they have no plans to make a "3ds lite" or a "3ds xl". with the way 3ds software and hardware sales are going one could speculate that the next nintendo handheld (if there is one) will be a completely different system that may continue to incorporate the 3d screen and ds/dsi/3ds backwards software compatibility.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
kevan said:
Actually homebrew won't run either since you can't run
unsigned code w/out it being hacked.

you are right. =) for some reason when i think about the crown 3ds i think about virtual boy flash kits. they work using the same basic idea but can run homebrew.

-another world

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I wouldn't bother. I feel a bit burned now since I got mine on launch day at full price but meh, I'm sticking with it. I'll also be getting a Vita. I think it looks a lot more promising than the 3DS. Hey, it'll actually have GAMES!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
TCJJ said:
I wouldn't bother. I feel a bit burned now since I got mine on launch day at full price but meh, I'm sticking with it. I'll also be getting a Vita. I think it looks a lot more promising than the 3DS. Hey, it'll actually have GAMES!
Are you saying the 3DS doesn't have games?
tongue.gif

*notice the emoticon*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit