ROM Hack How to possibly mod Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash?

epicmartin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So I've just recently purchased Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash and the game isn't too bad so far (I'm only on the first level though :P). My one complaint I have with it, is the controls. Mostly the fact that you can't used the D-Pad at all.

I assume all I would need to do is change a couple hexidecimal values in order for it to work, but my question is what tools would I need/that you guys recommend in order to do such a thing? I'm just generally curious.

Last edited by epicmartin7,

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its possible to hack any 3DS game provided you can extract the romfs and know your way around a file structure that's likely different depending on the game and probably has never been studied for that game

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the risk of necrobumping (Why does anyone care about this?), I don't think this game is that bad.

Yes, there are some flaws here and there, but after hearing that is series is ultimately canned due to this game's poor reception, I would at least like this game to receive the Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii treatment, with a brand new plot, new stages, and the removal of the Destination Wheel and auto-run stages.

Scyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for how late this is

I've extracted the files, but I'm not sure how to open the file types. There are a few I can, like bffnt and bcres, but those are mostly just fonts. ctpk files are some ui images, mostly for the candies. then music, it's just the regular bcstm.

Unfortunately, that's as far as I've gotten. Everything else is some weird obscure file format. I think the models in the game use the file type "h3d", which I haven't had any luck finding a way to open out side of a hex editor. IF anyone knows how to open those, please tell me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.