ROM Hack How to port Pokemon Animations from Sword/Shield into Source Engine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Coolperez8
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,477
  • Replies Replies 0

Coolperez8

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2013
Messages
135
Reaction score
1
Trophies
1
XP
524
Country
United States
So, I have been able to port Pokemon animations from Pokemon Sun/Moon/Ultra into the Source Engine (Used by games like Half-Life 2, Source Filmmaker, Team Fortress 2, etc.) and compile it, however, I have no experience with Switch ROM hacking and I would like to port Pokemon Models and Animations from Pokemon Sword/Shield into the Source Engine. I do have a ROM of Pokemon Sword on my laptop, however, I need a noob's guide into doing the following:
1.Dumping all the Pokemon models from Sword/Shield.
2.Dumping each Pokemon's animation set(s) from Sword/Shield.
3(Optional).Dumping each Pokemon's texture data from Sword/Shield.
4.Exporting them into SMD or DMX format to be compiled into models.

I don't need to learn how to compile them from there, because the process is pretty straight-forward as I have done it before with pre-dumped models and animations from Pokemon Gen 7.
 
Last edited by Coolperez8,

Site & Scene News