How to pokegen without homebrew?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by xSkullKidx, Nov 23, 2016.

1. xSkullKidx
    OP

xSkullKidx Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    United States
    Ok so, I currently have an older version of homebrew that I can't use because I updated my 2ds to 11.2. I was wondering if there is any way at all to get it working again, or if I could pokegen without any CFW at all. I don't have OOT or smash bros. I only have omega ruby.Thanks for the help in advanced.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You can't pokegen without homebrew

3. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    Usually, you need to update your hax payloads before the system update because you need hombrew.
    And also, you need at least homebrew to dump your saves and import the modified ones

4. xSkullKidx
    OP

xSkullKidx Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    United States
    I figured I wouldnt be able to xD but thanks. I guess I'll just wait until an updated version of homebrew is out without using oothax or ninjahax. :D

5. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Don't wait and act now because you never know when the options currently available will jack up in price, or simply aren't sold anymore. Also, newer firmware will be worse to get homebrew on. It's not that expensive to get OOTHax going, even Freakyhax and Nnjhax if you shop on Gamestop online ($24 for each game), not including shipping). As seen already, not securing yourself with a primary exploit cart has to led to people reliant on Browserhax to look for greener pastures.

6. xSkullKidx
    OP

xSkullKidx Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    United States
    well the things I'm currently broke, but hopefully I can manage to get oot because its only 19.99 on the eshop xD

7. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    The eshop version is a secondary exploit, you'd need a primary exploit to install that. For OOT to be used as a primary exploit, you need the cart and Powersaves.

K40T1K likes this.
  8. K40T1K

K40T1K Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    Kanto
    In conjunction to what Rust was saying, you can skip the whole powersaves bit if someone near you has CFW already they can inject the exploit to the cart that way.

RustInPeace likes this.
  9. xSkullKidx
    OP

xSkullKidx Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    United States
    Ohh good to know, thanks

10. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    if you know someone that has time to spare and neither are online /perma banned, if theres just Pokemon you want can trade! (if you want them to obey w/o badgers charms w/e i havent progressed far yet in my copy of SuMo)the person helping you out needs 1 sacrafical pokemon, they dump thier save and open in PKHex to get the OT ID and OT name adjust what pokemon you wat for these values and as long they pass the legit check. "Should In Theory Work" cant really get Money hacked in items etc this way but till you have CFW or homebrew means of yer own or you go the bigger way and go for your 3DS being hardmoded for A9LH+CFW, this is a small step in the way.