how to play PS2 CD games?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Blaze163, Aug 29, 2011.

Aug 29, 2011

how to play PS2 CD games? by Blaze163 at 11:12 AM (2,566 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Lali ho!

Running a PS2 Slim 7000 series, got it hacked with the latest FreeMCBoot files, and so far everything's great. Almost any game ever put to a DVD is mine to steal. Good times. But I've hit a snag in my thievery that my current skill level is insufficient to defeat. I've just learned that some PS2 games, mostly older ones, actually come on CDs rather than DVDs and as such require a different hacking method.

So....what is this method?

Seriously, don't have a damn clue. How do I get games like Marvel VS Capcom 2 running? Preferably without spending hours converting every game, I went with the FreeMCBoot option because I like the simplicity of 'steal game, burn game, play game', the same way I went for the Cyclo DS EVO for my old DS Lite. Simply put, I'm bone idle. I don't like spending hours of my life in front of a monitor.

Also, I'm still struggling to get PS1 games running. I downloaded the .BIN for Silent Bomber and burned it as always with IMGburn. I put the original Silent Bomber disc in the system (it has a game-killing glitch at the end of level 10, hence why I need a new version) and swapped them over at the time I was directed to, and all I get is a message saying 'not a PSX game'. Did I fuck up somewhere? Please, explain it in as simple terms as possible. My brain hurts.

And finally, totally off topic but what the hey, it's my topic. Since I've now upgraded my DS Lite to a 3DS, my Cyclo no longer functions. What flash cards DO work, and are they safe to use yet? Seems a shame to have to lose quite literally every DS game ever made...

Cheers for your time.

Blaze.

2. rocketen

Newcomer rocketen Member

Ireland
    There's a method to convert cd formats to dvd. There's a guide on how to do it but I can't post it because it's on a site that hosts iso's

3. Magsor

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    Its a no brainer to say you should try running cd ps2 games on a flash drive using OPL or PS2EDSL.

For PS1 games I recommend just running them on PC emulator for now.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    PS2 CD games? Need to be converted to DVD to be played via E S R, Free McBoot has nothing to do with backups. And do you know what spapping means on a ps2?

5. MSaki

Member MSaki GBAtemp Regular

United States
    either convert to dvd the patch with esr and burn or since its a cd aka very small about 700mb - 800mb max just use a flash drive and opl.

for ps1 are you blocking all the sensors? and try burning the games at a average speed not to fast not to slow.

for your cyclo is it possible your cyclo is cyclo for classic ds and not cyclo evo i for dsi and 3ds?