Hacking How to play games on the R4I-B9S?

Do you have an r4i-b9s?

• Total voters

kyledacat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have gotten an r4i b9s but I have no clue how to play games on it. I switched it to that but I can't find/ use the firmware right( If I have it ). I know how to switch it between the b9s and games but as I said I cant get the firmware to load it just gives me a white screen and I would love to play games on this wonderful card. So if anyone can help or make a video it is much appreciated.

Asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Post a picture of the card. Until you confirm the type, the below information is just for reference:

1. Flash the card back to R4i firmware using the selector. You'll need a 3DS with ntrboot hacked cfw to launch the flasher.
2. If you've done that, the card will indeed whitescreen when you start it (it should detect as touch bomberman normally.)
3. Put a normal fat32 formatted SD card in the r4i, with the 'kernel' files unzipped in the root.

Kernel files are here: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

kyledacat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Post a picture of the card. Until you confirm the type, the below information is just for reference:

1. Flash the card back to R4i firmware using the selector. You'll need a 3DS with ntrboot hacked cfw to launch the flasher.
2. If you've done that, the card will indeed whitescreen when you start it (it should detect as touch bomberman normally.)
3. Put a normal fat32 formatted SD card in the r4i, with the 'kernel' files unzipped in the root.

Hey, I have tried that and still white screened. I don't know why. Do you know which one to use.

Asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No picture, no dice. There's a ton of clones.
Could be your SD card. Try a smaller SD card (mine working fine w/ 4 or 8GB SD cards.) or reformat the SD.
How is the card detected? Are you on a 3DS or 2DS or DSi and if so, which fw?
Post more information. My large glass orb seems to be malfunctioning today, sorry.

kyledacat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No picture, no dice. There's a ton of clones.
Could be your SD card. Try a smaller SD card (mine working fine w/ 4 or 8GB SD cards.) or reformat the SD.
How is the card detected? Are you on a 3DS or 2DS or DSi and if so, which fw?
Post more information. My large glass orb seems to be malfunctioning today, sorry.

I got it from 3ds flashcards and I got some pictures for you. but they are too large to post. Do you know how I can get you the pictures.Maybe email?

Asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Upload to https://imgur.com/

Also please do not slowchat: You can post multiple things in a post, such as the type of device you are trying the flash cart on, the size(s) of your tested SD cards, firmware versions, things you tested already by yourself, and so on.

Those will allow me and others to help you much quicker. And by asking questions, you are not 'stupid'. Not knowing something does not make you 'stupid'. I don't know how to run a nuclear reactor for example. Stupid me ;)

Also, if that is you in person, change your avatar to a non-personal image.
Something like this https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d0/55/6f/d0556f9d7e248812e5645cde3b80dd35--james-jim-tall-man.jpg
Privacy is a real bigh thing on the internet.

Last edited by Asure,

kyledacat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also please do not slowchat: You can post multiple things in a post, such as the type of device you are trying the flash cart on, the size(s) of your tested SD cards, firmware versions, things you tested already by yourself, and so on.

Those will allow me and others to help you much quicker. And by asking questions, you are not 'stupid'. Not knowing something does not make you 'stupid'. I don't know how to run a nuclear reactor for example. Stupid me ;)[/QUOTE]

So im using a old 2ds with a 32 gigabyte fat 32 micro sd card i cant post links in this forum i have no permissions to do that but I think itried all the firmware versions but i can try again i just tried the 3ds logo one again but no luck. I really appreciate this help. Im also using a linux computer but i dont think that will effect anything. I have it so the .firm file says restore b9s flash and my 2ds is on 11.6 the latest version

Asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
- Is the card detected as a game?
- If so which game
- The 32 GB SD card in the R4 sounds like a problem here. The R4 will whitescreen with no access to the filesystem.
- Try the card without a SD card inside. Some models give a 'NO CARD' screen after some time.

In short: White screen -> hanging at reading from SD card. -> Try another SD card (smaller one.. 4Gb or 8Gb or so.)

kyledacat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it is detected as touch bomberman I will try a different sd card and oops I meant 16 gigabyte. my bad but i will try my 32 gig and it says no card without the card in any I can email you the imagur images if need be or if i can dm you ( no clue if on this site ) and I will try my other cards such as 2 gig and any others i have

Asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it is detected as touch bomberman I will try a different sd card and oops I meant 16 gigabyte. my bad but i will try my 32 gig and it says no card without the card in any I can email you the imagur images if need be or if i can dm you ( no clue if on this site ) and I will try my other cards such as 2 gig and any others i have

Looks like a generic R4 then, and so.. a long shot: Try unzipping this kernel on the 32GB SD card and tell us what it does :)
http://www.r4isdhc.com/KerneDownload/R4i-V3.9b English.zip

Reactions: kyledacat

Asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the smaller SD works, and the 32GB does not, it would appear the 32GB card is incompatible with your R4 :(
The kernel i posted does not matter. It has no impact on which size card the R4 would take.
You could try formatting the 32GB card again. But i'm afraid it is not compatible. Sorry.

I modded a New 3DS XL and they come with a 4GB microsd inside in my area. So i just stuck a 32GB in it, and harvested the 4GB cards for playing NDS games on :)

kyledacat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the suggestion did not work so I'm reformatting the micro sd and trying the stuff that worked on 2 gigs then if not working trying the 32 gig and does it play 3ds games... I've been wondering that. i reformatted the 16 gig and it works!!!!!1 thank you sooo Fu*king much

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does this card support 3ds games?

Asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So the suggestion did not work so I'm reformatting the micro sd and trying the stuff that worked on 2 gigs then if not working trying the 32 gig and does it play 3ds games... I've been wondering that. i reformatted the 16 gig and it works!!!!!1 thank you sooo Fu*king much

These cards play NDS games only.
It's misleading advertising as they twist words and use 3DS so you get the impression it can play .3ds backups.
(It can actually play backups on 3DS, they didn't lie. It's just backups of NDS games ;))

Do as the rest of us, get Paul's freeshop fork, add the ticket db (you find it by googling like this http://lmgtfy.com/?q=freeshop+3ds+titlekeys) and work your way from there. The larger GB card goes in the 3DS device ;)

Asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
R4: These cards keep save files, yes. (in .SAV format, created on demand the first time you launch a NDS rom from the list.)
The SD card in the R4 is used to store NDS roms. I do not think there is over 4GB of good NDS games to keep around on SD but that's a matter of personal preference.

3DS: The SD card in the 3DS is used to store downloads. Pokemon Ultra is 3.8GB. Using freeshop your internal SD can fill up quickly. 3DS games save onto the SD card as well.

kyledacat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R4: These cards keep save files, yes. (in .SAV format, created on demand the first time you launch a NDS rom from the list.)
The SD card in the R4 is used to store NDS roms. I do not think there is over 4GB of good NDS games to keep around on SD but that's a matter of personal preference.

3DS: The SD card in the 3DS is used to store downloads. Pokemon Ultra is 3.8GB. Using freeshop your internal SD can fill up quickly. 3DS games save onto the SD card as well.
yeah i use freeshop and all that stuff i had cfwfor years but im getting a 2ds xl so i needed to hack that too lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D