Homebrew How to make the DS browser work?

thatisandwas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Im surprised no one has suggested more homebrew options availible to this guy. DS2Win is a server you run on your computer, then you can run your entire desktop from your DS...So you can use whatever browser you want on your ds. This works very well and has a keyborad and everything. Also, DSBrowser. DSHobro. All very good homebrew. Check em out

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I just took a look at some vids of DSHobro. I never even heard of it! Off to give this a try...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind DSHobro requires a PC-side server to be running in order to work. This has the advantage of letting your computer do all the intensive page rendering, but means that it's not quite as convenient as browsers that run directly on the DS alone.

That said though, I personally used both DS2Win and DSHobro extensively over the past couple of days as I've been lying downstairs following the removal of my wisdom teeth. As long as my PC wasn't doing anything else, why not?

kootje70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well. its now 3 months further and I have the answer!!!!
I've to log in with the mobile-version of hotmail. The Nintendo doesn't know anything with cookies (I suppose)
But it works now. And just mail is enough, because surfing the internet with the DS is very minimum. My neighbour has an original DS-browser card and that works better..
But just to check your mail on a campsite with wifi is for me good enough......

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
FlameTakuya said:
^ Isn't that why they're called DS Browsers?

I always thought they made sense because all you could ever do was browse on them. (Not input-ing text and whatnot)
This makes the least sense of anything in this topic. Internet Explorer is a browser, Firefox is a browser, Opera is a browser, Lynx is a browser. Browser browser browser. They're web browsers. That's the class of software that they are. I'm typing in a text box right now using a browser. So were you when you made your post. Browsers, all of them.

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
I own the original DS Browser, which I backed up on my R4 for convenience of carrying all my games on a single cart, and I seriously think it's not bad at all, considering the total amount of processing power and RAM available. The rendering of the page is as close as you could get from a normal computer, except the flash/java/sound.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1