Homebrew How to make the DS browser work?

Ruzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm using the DSTT flashcart. So I start up the browser and it says insert a GBA something. What should I be doing? I have a perfect internet connection that I can connect to on other games.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You need a RAM pack. The official browser needs it, but there are some homebrew ones that don't, like DSOrganize.

Ruzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Errr, what's a RAM pack and how do I go about getting one? Is it something I have to buy/download?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ruzz said:
Errr, what's a RAM pack and how do I go about getting one? Is it something I have to buy/download?
You'll have to buy one(The official one or an EZ 3 in 1/Ewin). There is no alternative. You might as well buy an EZ/Ewin because there is also GBA support.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Ive heard they are really good but I dont have any need for one.
smile.gif

Ruzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
meh, I don't feel like spending any money on this browser thing, I don't even know if it's worth it since i'll be home and using my home connection with access to my computer and i'm just playing around and want to see what this browser is like. is there another browser rom I could use that doesnt require this rumble pak thing?

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You know, it isn't JUST for the browser, several homebrews use the RAM in it, also you'll be able to play GBA games on your DS..
so i say it's worth it.. for only about 20$, you'll get all that.

and no, there aint no other ROM you can use, because that's the only browser released for NDS.
though, there IS other homebrew browsers.. but they don't support images, javascript and other basic features (DSOrganizes browser supports very small images) the only thing that's better with the DSOrganize browser, is that you can download stuff in the browser.
there are other homebrew browsers (like DShobro, Bunjaloo, etc) but they're inferior to the official Opera Browser.

juicemousezero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there are other DS browsers out there, but you'll spend more time crashing them than you will going to websites. The official one if definitely the way to go.

juicemousezero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they are slow, but you actually CAN input text, it just takes a while (open a little keyboard, use the stylist to punch the little buttons, et cetera). I've sent e mails and the like from my DS. I definitely wouldn't do it all the time though.

kootje70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a M3DS with rumble+ram pack. I've installed Opera, but how can I get to the google-site?
Its shows the message: Could not locate remote server "http://redir.opera.com/ds/?google"
What am I doing wrong???
huh.gif

kootje70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I thing so....
The first time I had to install the connection. Now the topscreen shows a startpage with a bleu window saying:
"Notice
Nintendo DS Browser uses Wireless LAN and enables browsing Websites over the Internet"

The bottom screen shows white with on top "Internet search" |........| and a search-button, below the bottom screen, there are the pics like favourites/ startpage/ confic/ help etc.

(I've Opera 8.5 for Nintendo DS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol