ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I didn't notice you had a thread in here as well haha.
I posted a comment in your second tutorial, but I will also post it here for reference:

Can't stress enough how thankful I am for these tutorials you've done.
They have been of great help for those that wanted to learn how to do cheats on their own, since there was almost no good info about how to find certain stuff online.

One question though, how does one go about trying to find cheat codes for unlockables or obtaining certain items or other things?
For example, in Resident Evil 5, let's say I want a special weapon or all/certain achievements, how would one go about that?

I specifically want to do this to create a cheat code that unlocks all the achievements of RE5 and RE6, but I have tried quite a few things already and haven't been able to understand how to search for the achievements (or unlockables) in memory :/

This is driving me nuts, as I have been searching for months but haven't been able to find a thing, and the achievements of both games is the only thing that I have to do to 100% both games, as the achievements I'm after are the ones locked behind online play.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you have a video with dynamic addresses , theres tons of game that doesnt have cheats becuase of the dynamic addresses

Super Mario Party
x1 - The Touryst
x1 - Asterix & Obelix XXL 3 (Hearts are dynamic, 32Bit floating Address)
x2 - Bubble Bobble Friends - Classic Mode, Lives
x1 - Sturmwind EX
x1 - Spirit Roots (Hearts cheat code are dynamic and change by level restart)
x1 - Xeno Crisis
x1 - Gleaner Heights
(Stamina and Money are dynamic)
Diablo 3 - Eternal Collection (Intelligence stat are dynamic, thanks to ReclaimerShawn)
x1 - NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 v1.2.0.0 (Base address, no pointer found)
x2 - Jonny Turbo's Arcade Caveman Ninja (Lives address is dynamic)
x2 - Odallus
x2 -
Oniken
x1 - Whipseey and the Lost Atlas
(Energy address is dynamic)
x1 - Raging Justice (Code address change by game restart)
x1 - de Blob 2 (Each level has a different code address and then sometimes changes)
x1 - Crypt of the Necrodancer
x2 - Wonder Boy Remix
(change by level restart)
x1 - Mechstermination Force (change by level restart)
x1 - Furwind (change in every level)
x3 - Mighty Switch Force! Collection (change by level restart)
x1 - HOB - The Definitive Edition
*** FOX n FORESTS

Last edited by matias3ds,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't notice you had a thread in here as well haha.
I posted a comment in your second tutorial, but I will also post it here for reference:

Can't stress enough how thankful I am for these tutorials you've done.
They have been of great help for those that wanted to learn how to do cheats on their own, since there was almost no good info about how to find certain stuff online.

One question though, how does one go about trying to find cheat codes for unlockables or obtaining certain items or other things?
For example, in Resident Evil 5, let's say I want a special weapon or all/certain achievements, how would one go about that?

I specifically want to do this to create a cheat code that unlocks all the achievements of RE5 and RE6, but I have tried quite a few things already and haven't been able to understand how to search for the achievements (or unlockables) in memory :/

This is driving me nuts, as I have been searching for months but haven't been able to find a thing, and the achievements of both games is the only thing that I have to do to 100% both games, as the achievements I'm after are the ones locked behind online play.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!
First off RE5 ive already done codes so you can have all weapons or select what weapon you want

As for achievements this would be an unkown search and you increase as you unlock.

Or find a save with all achievements and use memory editor to compare.

You dont gain anything from them in re5 or 6 that you cant get using the cheats already made.

This is why your request is likely not been done.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First off RE5 ive already done codes so you can have all weapons or select what weapon you want

As for achievements this would be an unkown search and you increase as you unlock.

Or find a save with all achievements and use memory editor to compare.

You dont gain anything from them in re5 or 6 that you cant get using the cheats already made.

This is why your request is likely not been done.
Well I did find something rather interesting, but I found it by kind of reverse engineering the save file instead of doing cheat codes.
I think the Achievements data is located around 0x0A60 in the .bin.
I found the date of each achievement stored there.
Each achievement takes around 4 bytes, by the first two containing the year and month (i.e. E4 27 is 2020/02 in Hex, 7E4 is the year 2020, and the 2 of 27 is the month). The third byte seems to be the day in Hex (1F would be 16 for Feb. 16), but the 4th byte I still don't know what it is, but it can be either 01 or 02 from what I saw in my save file. If an achievement still hasn't been unlocked, its 4 bytes are stored as 00 00 00 00.

I tried adding the remaining 4 bytes dates to complete the 71 achievements, but when restoring the save, the game detects it as corrupt data and creates a new one from scratch.

I am trying to see if I can somehow use Edizon with this new-found info to pinpoint the RAM address for the achivements, but I still haven't been able to get a thing yet.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case, keep an easy to get achievement locked. Set the first search to a 16-Bit search, search 0x0000 whenever it's locked, then search whatever the current date is converted to that format after it unlocks. Assuming it was 2020/02 like you said, you'd search 0x27E4. Then just write values into that address until you can make it unlock the achievement. If it's HEAP, it'll likely change location on next startup, so you'll need to make a pointer. If it's a BASE, it'll definitely do so on next startup. If it is a static HEAP or MAIN, just write to that address with codetype 0.
Id love to have a 2nd switch modded because i find most of my codes just looking at memory, if i find a code or two and it seems to be in a set area.

But things like achievements ive not bothered with because its not got known value to look for and its hard to remember and compare when you quit and load

MikeHawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When do you plan to release the video addressing dynamic addresses, ReclaimerShawn? I appreciate this static address video, it helped me understand cheats more, but I'm having a bunch of problems with dynamic addresses.

Reactions: mathew77

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If that's the case, keep an easy to get achievement locked. Set the first search to a 16-Bit search, search 0x0000 whenever it's locked, then search whatever the current date is converted to that format after it unlocks. Assuming it was 2020/02 like you said, you'd search 0x27E4. Then just write values into that address until you can make it unlock the achievement. If it's HEAP, it'll likely change location on next startup, so you'll need to make a pointer. If it's a BASE, it'll definitely do so on next startup. If it is a static HEAP or MAIN, just write to that address with codetype 0.
I tried doing this with Edizon.
The first search for 0x0000 with 16-bit address went just fine. It took a while (around an hour) but it finishes with a lot of results.
After obtaining the first achievement, I try to do another search using the "Search again" option from Edizon, this time for the 0x27E4 value, and Edizon just keeps on searching with the Home button flashing blue without end.
I even left it searching overnight, and it still wasn't finished.
I am not sure what is going on, but this seems to always happen when I use the "Search again" option with a known value.

I've been using the "All weapons in inventory" cheat code to help for an easy achievement.
Right at the very beginning of the game, with this cheat code active, once you grab the pistol, the achievement for obtaining all weapons gets unlocked, so I can use this method for easy searching if anyone else wants to attempt this.

Also, I can't use Noexs because I've been keeping my Switch on Airplane mode since purchase to avoid bans, so I can't connect it to the internet. Until either Atmosphere releases an update with a proper PRODINFO block or Noexs supports USB, I can't use it at all :/

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast