How to make *.key file?

david_ooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I have got a game image - a WUD file. Now I need a *.key file. For example for Ninja Gaiden 3 (USA) the key string is "xxxxxxxxxxx". Hot to make a file with this string? The goal is to extract the WUD file with DiscU. Thanks for help.

Last edited by david_ooo,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As mentioned, you put that key in a hex editor and save it. It should give you a 16 bytes file. Also, you should probably remove the key from your post, or at least blank it, as it's probably not allowed to display it here.

Reactions: godreborn

david_ooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have found keys on some webpage. Unfortunately for two random WUD file i got a message "Either the key is wrong or this is not a valid Wii U image.(partinfo)"

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have found keys on some webpage. Unfortunately for two random WUD file i got a message "Either the key is wrong or this is not a valid Wii U image.(partinfo)"
You could try uwizard. It will use the Sha 1 to determine if the key is correct.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There used to be a good site for them, but they kept changing urls due to Nintendo ninjas.
Still very easy to find the page with all the keys. I don't think Nintendo cares anymore about it. The Wii U is dead to them. Just googling "wii u keys" is enough.

edit: The strange thing is, after comparing the page the OP got it from, and the other pages, his key was OK. So there must be something else not quite right. Maybe the WUD itself?

Last edited by Dust2dust,
Reactions: godreborn

Robru1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Usually you need 2 keys for this kind of program. The common.key of the WiiU and the game.key of the game.

Using the HxD Hex Editor convert both keys to 2 separate *.key files.
From ANSI to Hex.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As a WUD this is most likely a disc dump. That title key site lists NUS (eShop) keys through. These keys differ, so you need to search for the disc/WUD key of Ninja Gaiden 3. Example:
  • c0d5e... # Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge [USA, NUS]
  • 641ce... # Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge [USA, WUD]
(ofc. the keys here are cutted as we're not allowed to show them in full glory).

//EDIT: Next time just download the NUS version of the games (NUSspli, USB Helper, FunkiiU, ...).

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: Robru1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over