Not open for further replies.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wacko.gif

ok, I know that DS homebrew is coded in C++, and i can do that, but how do i get it onto DS aka, turn it to .nds? make it work with the touchscreen and the DS buttons?

how do i do all of this?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download DevKitARM through the DevKitPRO installer. It will come with Programmer's Notepad and some example files. Compile a few of those to make sure they work, then you can start messing around with your own projects. The GBAdev forums will be your main resource.

Alternatively, you could try PAlib, which makes certain aspects of DS coding a bit easier. They've also got some good tutorials to help you get started.

D

Deleted User

Forum: http://dsgamemakerfan.unaux.com/index.php

and? you don't think people still google how to make DS games and such? like i told foxi4.. how do you think i came across your site in the first place? duh! now those that come across the same topics/pots they have an updated answer... if yer worried about old stuff then delete them.. cleaning your forum every 2 yrs is the way to do it.. not let them sit there for 10yrs and people looking for answers only get the same topics i come across..

and no, i don't need to "promote" anything.. get your facts straight!

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and? you don't think people still google how to make DS games and such? like i told foxi4.. how do you think i came across your site in the first place? duh! now those that come across the same topics/pots they have an updated answer... if yer worried about old stuff then delete them.. cleaning your forum every 2 yrs is the way to do it.. not let them sit there for 10yrs and people looking for answers only get the same topics i come across..
Two issues with this
a) People won't wait for their answer for a decade
b) Deleting history is bad. There's a thing called preservation
c) Why not make a thread saying "how to make games"? That way, when people google it, they'll find your page and not the thousands of old posts.
d) Not every homebrew is a game. Your tool is clearly oriented for games, not general homebrew.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Alright. Let's make this quick.

@Ruffsta101

The intentions behind this are nice, but replying to decade old threads that have not been active for a really long time is not only misleading, but also pretty disrespectful, especially when the same copy and paste message is posted everywhere.

This is advertising, and while we have no problem with promoting a website and a forum for specific purposes (again, no issues!) There has been other moderators involved already, and I also agree to them, it may be a lot better to simply create a brand new thread.

This takes several minutes, will get all the visibility wanted, and may attract more interested people, instead of feeling mislead when they see the posters being decade old and most likely inactive for years. That without counting any potential outdated information.

I hope this time I made it clear.
When I deleted the post the other day, I was a bit upset, and I didn't mean to cause any hard feelings. We had several reports a day and your name popped up more than once, and I know someone else had specifically asked you to not do this, so you can understand my frustration.

Anyway, I'll lock this thread, if you need any help with posting a thread, getting started, you are welcome to contact any moderator.

I promise, we don't bite :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since