How to make cheats work in edge???

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by codcod, Dec 27, 2008.

Dec 27, 2008
  1. codcod
    OP

Newcomer codcod Newbie

Today, I bought an EDGE card and 4gb microsd for my son. I downloaded the latest firmware from the edge website and so far everything is fine, games work and cheats the were included with the firmware works. . . However, since my son wanted the latest cheats, I downloaded the latest 12_24_08_EDGEcheats.DAT.zip from cheats.gba.temp . extracted the file and copied the new cheats to the EDGE folder, and I deleted the old cheats. NO CHEATS WERE visible, even after ENABLING them . What did I do wrong. Please help.

Thank you

2. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    You need to rename the EDGECheats.dat to cheats.dat I believe to match the old cheat file name.

3. violent

Newcomer violent Member

United States
    yup thats what i did and it works [​IMG]

4. codcod
    OP

Newcomer codcod Newbie

Thank you so much, it now works.

5. TooMuchActions

Newcomer TooMuchActions Member

United States
    I know you can enable the cheat on the setting screen, but how to you activate the cheat for the game you're playing? or once the cheat had been enable all game is in cheat mode? tia..for any respond.

6. moodswinger

Member moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    If you have an EDGE you would have known the answer to this question.

Once you enabled the cheats on the setting menu, everytime you start a game it will ask you first if you want to enable cheats for that game. Just pick the cheats you would want to enable then press start. [​IMG]

7. TooMuchActions

United States
    yes I have an EDGE..but to refer to what you'd said about enable the cheat and once you are starting the game it will ask you if you want to cheat for that game. hmmmm...didn't seem to work for me...must have somethings wrong with my cheat file...thanks anyway.

8. TooMuchActions

United States
    okay thanks...got it to work. redownload the EDGEcheats file and replace the old cheats file. again thanks...