How to make a Headphone Amp on breadboard...?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Ron Gamer, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Ron Gamer
    OP

Ron Gamer Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2011
    India
    I have a headphone which I use with my desktop pc for gaming, watching movies,..... However I wanted to some how increase the sound output and many users suggested to make an Amp... I wanted to know about the electrical components to be used and I even wanted to know about the circuit. It would be great if sum1 cud post me a diagram of the circuit and could let me know about the components required...Thanking you in advance...!!!

2. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    I bought a good one on amazon for 22 bucks after shipping

don't build one, you're not a chinese slave child !

3. Ron Gamer
    OP

Ron Gamer Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2011
    India
    Hehe...! Anyways I just wanted to do sumthin interestin and thot dat dis was it...

4. Coconuts 500

Coconuts 500 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2010
    Diy audio = infinite fun. It's a very rewarding hobby, and that is something that people don't generally have these days, which is sad.

Gbatemp is not a good place for this, however, and I suggest moving on to www.diyaudio.com instead. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    For what you want I would probably look to the "altoids amp" world- http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/ looks pretty good as a intro project and http://hackaweek.com/hacks/?p=131 is also pretty nice.

These days you can pretty much get a chip and build the reference circuit around it rather than something taxing (although you could always head that way).

1 person likes this.
  6. Ron Gamer
    OP

Ron Gamer Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2011
    India
    Thanks guys u really gave me the direct solutions...!