Hacking How to make a DS Lite Flashing Tool

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, seeing things visually is the best way to learn.
I Was gonna use a screwdriver to flash my ds, but ill go w/ the toothpick and foil instead
smile.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leaving the flashing object (especially something as ununiform in shape as aluminum foil) exposed at the sides is VERY BAD in the case of the DS Lite. This is a well known problem, so I'm shocked that your flashing method in the video failed to include it. For anyone that is reading this make sure you wrap tape around whatever object you are going to use to short SL1, leaving only the very tip of the metal exposed. Otherwise you might very well end up with a $130 paperweight.

Rykar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Leaving the flashing object (especially something as ununiform in shape as aluminum foil) exposed at the sides is VERY BAD in the case of the DS Lite. This is a well known problem, so I'm shocked that your flashing method in the video failed to include it. For anyone that is reading this make sure you wrap tape around whatever object you are going to use to short SL1, leaving only the very tip of the metal exposed. Otherwise you might very well end up with a $130 paperweight.

Could you possibly take a picture of what the toothpick should look like, I can't really tell with the bad quality of the video.

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could you wrap the complete thing in tape and cut a little bit of at the same end as the first cut? or would that leave to little aluminum?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great video. Instead of using a toothpick to flash mine I used a small screwdriver wrapped in foil. Put insulation tape over it and that also did the trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL