¿How to make a backport?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are scripts that will do this for you or bats that utilize the scripts, but some games require patches to work on lower firmware due to utilizing newer stuff found in the sdk.

Reactions: Fireword

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If OP is talking about backporting an update meant for 9.0, good luck with that. Only Opoisso and cyber2000 are pretty much the only two doing all the backports. So you'd have to be on their level of haxx0r skills to backport. They're hex editing etc.... and having to even do a lot of guess work in that so they take a long time. There's no simple autobackporter for 9.0.

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t forget you need the dumped decrypted update, and then after backporting; the update must then be paired to the base game via fingerprint.
I don't think it's the fingerprint that pairs game and update. I think it's the digest, because the fingerprint is based on passcode. all fpkg games use the same passcode, ergo same fingerprint. ;)

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always forget “digest”. You’re right.
I don't know for sure if it's based on digest, which I think is a checksum. I asked on discord, and I got no reply. I think all duxa repacker does is unpack the old patch, then makes a new one with the base, so you could do it manually. starting to think no body knows for sure.

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Fireword,

I understand you, lots of games needs new patches, and I can name one which has lots of quality "The Outer Worlds", it has a 1.08 update minimum firmware required is 8.03, would like to have it full updated, because this game is well worth it

Fireword

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
there are scripts that will do this for you or bats that utilize the scripts, but some games require patches to work on lower firmware due to utilizing newer stuff found in the sdk.
Thanks, how are called those scripts or bats?

I dont want to play a 9.0 game i want to fix the update 1.9 of miles morales for usa to 6.72 that solved the dialogues bug in the latin spanish language

Theres already a fix for the EUR version so im sure a fix for the USA version should be possible too

RobbieTheELK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys,
Tried everything under the sun to backport Borderlands 3 Update 1.27 (SDK 7.50) to 5.05/6.72
Tried the Ripper Backport Tools, Modded Warefare Backport Tool, Autobackport 1.11 and Modded Warfare Manual Backport.
Can someone please provide a guide to do this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome