Hacking How To Join .cia files?

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone! I have recently obtained a .cia file however there are 2 parts to it (there are 2 different .cia's for the one game) is there anyway to combine these into a single .cia file?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I have recently obtained a .cia file however there are 2 parts to it (there are 2 different .cia's for the one game) is there anyway to combine these into a single .cia file?

Is one an update? If it's a retail game then it may be an update if it's eshop only one version is outdated

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well the site has 2 links for the one .cia, one says part 1 the other says part 2
like some files hosted on upload sites, i guess it is split.
download both and join them back together with some program. it depends how they were split. they might simply be split rars, etc

MrMandraque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wouldn't that just give me 2 seperate .cia files though? I want them together as one
if I understood correctly, you have 2 .rar file
You can see the rar file as a compressed folder cut in half.
the full file name (if I'm not mistaken I) is xxxxxx.cia.partX.rar

Edit: my bad, i don't understood this.

Last edited by MrMandraque,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have multiple RAR files that have the same CIA filename inside them, just put them in the same directory and extract the RAR that's called part1, or .001, or whatever is closest to that. That should give you one CIA you can use.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have multiple RAR files that have the same CIA filename inside them, just put them in the same directory and extract the RAR that's called part1, or .001, or whatever is closest to that. That should give you one CIA you can use.
So I put both rar files in the same directory and then just extract the part one rar?

MrMandraque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes. Large files are split into 'multi-rars' so they don't exceed the file size limit of the hosting site. Just download all parts to the same location and extract the first part.
This is it.
It'a compressed file.
So download 7zip (free) or download winrar (shareware), install this and right click on your file 7zip> (or winrar) extract to...
video here
or here!

Reactions: thegameksk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...