Hacking how to install xci tinfoil?

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install xci ? I have Lithium but XCI is over 4GB and I need to install it from my desktop to Switch. Not from USB. I have NS-USBloader and in settings said XCI but I cannot installed it form NS_USBLoader. Help ?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download NUT from tinfoil.io, use network install.

Though im curious why you cannot use USB. Another option is to use a NSP splitter and then copy it to your SD card.

You can also just use Samba / WIndows file share (if SX OS), throw it on a USB HDD (if SXOS), host it on a FTP server (if SXOS), http server, lots of options. Pretty much ANYTHING except SD card will support larger than 4GB.

Last edited by blawar,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download NUT from tinfoil.io, use network install.

Though im curious why you cannot use USB. Another option is to use a NSP splitter and then copy it to your SD card.

You can also just use Samba / WIndows file share (if SX OS), throw it on a USB HDD (if SXOS), host it on a FTP server (if SXOS), http server, lots of options. Pretty much ANYTHING except SD card will support larger than 4GB.

Yes, I have NUT for macOS and I don't know how to install it for XCI file.. I always install NSP through tinfoil 0.2.1 (old version as I usually does.) I read the README.MD. No idea.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have NUT for macOS and I don't know how to install it for XCI file.. I always install NSP through tinfoil 0.2.1 (old version as I usually does.) I read the README.MD. No idea.

put the XCI file in the same dir as NUT, then start nut. then start tinfoil, goto the file browser, click on usbfs, click on xci file.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put the XCI file in the same dir as NUT, then start nut. then start tinfoil, goto the file browser, click on usbfs, click on xci file.

Yes, I put them in the same dir as NUT.. but start nut where ? You mean nut.py? I click double for nut.py but nothing. And go to USBFS and nothing is there. Am I doing something wrong ?

I am on macOS and not on PC.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 3.08.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 3.08.26 PM.png
    266.2 KB · Views: 704
Last edited by spotanjo3,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I put them in the same dir as NUT.. but start nut where ? You mean nut.py? I click double for nut.py but nothing. And go to USBFS and nothing is there. Am I doing something wrong ?

I am on macOS and not on PC.

run server.py, does a window pop up?

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
run server.py, does a window pop up?

Thanks for trying to help me out.. Unfortunately, I am not using windows. I am on macOS. When I click nut.py python launcher tried to pop up but disappear like 1 seconds. Nothing.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for trying to help me out.. Unfortunately, I am not using windows. I am on macOS. When I click nut.py python launcher tried to pop up but disappear like 1 seconds. Nothing.

I understand you are macos, that is how you start it on a mac. it sounds like you did not follow the install directions in the readme and install the dependencies. Run server.py from the command line and it should tell you the error, but im pretty sure you need to install the python deps.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand you are macos, that is how you start it on a mac. it sounds like you did not follow the install directions in the readme and install the dependencies. Run server.py from the command line and it should tell you the error, but im pretty sure you need to install the python deps.

I did this:

- `pip3 install colorama pyopenssl requests tqdm unidecode Pillow BeautifulSoup4 urllib3 Flask pyusb pyqt5 google-api-python-client google-auth-oauthlib`

Done.

I need nut at:

- Download [`nut`](https://github.com/blawar/nut/archive/master.zip)

Not found.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done and I have nut.py and server.py and I double click either and nothing. Python try to coming up but disappear in 1 seconds.

Wait a minute.. Do I have to turn Wifi on from Nintendo Switch to do that ? If not, then what's the problem?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done and I have nut.py and server.py and I double click either and nothing. Python try to coming up but disappear in 1 seconds.

Wait a minute.. Do I have to turn Wifi on from Nintendo Switch to do that ? If not, then what's the problem?

You do not need wifi, dont double click on the python scripts, run them from the terminal as I said earlier so you can see the output.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. I wont do that. I don't have problem with python for tinfoil with usb installed few years ago.. I want to try xci list with your newer tinfoil separate from my old tinfoil for usb only. Now I have a problem...

I can't start nut before I run tinfoil according to you because when I run tinfoil and click usbfs and xci list aren't there. That's why I try to run nut but it didn't appear on terminal before I can run tinfoil at all.
None from nut. :(

Look at the pics if anything is wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 6.54.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 6.54.29 PM.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 658
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 6.54.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 6.54.48 PM.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 432
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 6.56.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 6.56.02 PM.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 407

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. I wont do that. I don't have problem with python for tinfoil with usb installed few years ago.. I want to try xci list with your newer tinfoil separate from my old tinfoil for usb only. Now I have a problem...

I can't start nut before I run tinfoil according to you because when I run tinfoil and click usbfs and xci list aren't there. That's why I try to run nut but it didn't appear on terminal before I can run tinfoil at all.
None from nut. :(

Look at the pics if anything is wrong.

I never said you cannot start Nut before tinfoil, most people do that. However if you are unwilling to try to start nut in console to catch the errors, no one can help you.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said you cannot start Nut before tinfoil, most people do that. However if you are unwilling to try to start nut in console to catch the errors, no one can help you.

Something is very wrong here. I have laptop of windows and nut.exe pop up and works fine there. Why can't I do that on my macOS with nut.py ? Something is definitely missing here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them