Hacking How to install WAD on emunand?

Muyfa666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess the title says it all?

How to install WAD on emunand?

I installed Wiiflow, then made a full emunand to my USB-HDD. All channels show, but I can't figure out how to install WAD's to the emunand? Are there any Wii WAD manager that can do this? I'd rather not disconnect my drive as it's a bit hard to reach in my hardware setup.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use Wad manager 1.7, it has a feature to install wads to emuNAND (but I don't remember if it's compatible with subfolders, you might have to put your EmuNAND to the root of your drive)
You can also use Wiiflow or USBLoaderGX to install wad directly to emuNAND path set in the loader.

if you disconnect your HDD and put it on your computer (windows), you can use ShowMiiWads to manage your emuNAND.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know about Wiiflow (I just suppose it's a feature in Wiiflow).

In USBLoaderGX :
1- set your emuNAND path correctly in the Settings > User paths > EmuNAND (there are two EmuNAND path options, set the same path for both). Default is "sd:/nand/"
2- Go to Settings > Features > Install Wad
3- select the wad to install, and it will install to the EmuNAND path.

4- you can launch it from USBLoaderGX, in the main screen enable EmuNAND from the 4th icon in the top menu.

Note that USBLoaderGX doesn't support neek2o mode yet, only the cIOS EmuNAND mode which doesn't have 100% compatibility.

Muyfa666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing the one game I want to get going is incompatible USBLoaderGX? Majoras Mask.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
N64 games are the worst compatible games.
You need cIOS rev19 [base38] (not d2x cIOS [base56]!) and the path must be on the root of the first FAT32 partition on a 512bytes/sector HDD or SD card.

Install the N64 games on your realNAND or use neek/neek2o mode in wiiflow if you don't know or don't want to setup a multi-cIOS environment for EmuNAND.

Muyfa666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna try it on Wiiflow then. It's on a PAL Wii U's vWii-mode, so I'm having trouble getting it to run in NTSC.

Muyfa666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't really solve it, but my main problem was getting my vWii to run in 60hz. By installing the stock WAD to my real NAND, I could run the game by starting it from USBLoaderGX. :-)

Good enough for me.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't recommend the USB Loader GX install option, sometimes it doesn't load.

I'm using ShowMiiWads and it never failed even on emunand eith subfolders, unless the game is incompatible with cIOS or something like that.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Install on it is very simple, load ShowMiiWads, insert your SD/USB onto your computer, choose the emunand path (mine is g:/nand, for example). When it finishes loading the channels and IOS installed (sometimes it freezes shortly on this process, don't close the window!), you can drag and drop WADs onto this window and click on Install button.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Problematic games don't depend on the way you install the wads, but on the way you launch the channels.
It works better with sneek/uneek/neek2o, or for few N64 games with cIOS rev19 base38

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, Majora's Mask I tried and it doesn't work. Paper Mario works using Waninkoko rev17. Other N64 games work just fine with d2x, like Super Mario 64, F-Zero GX, Ocarina of Time and so on.

On my Wii, sometimes the Install option for USB Loader GX and various loaders don't work, it finishes the installation and it corrupts somehow (return to USB Loader or freeeze on black screen, or even show the System Corruption warning), but installing into ShowMiiWads, these "corrupted" games works on any loader, even USB Loader GX (I tested other loaders, but I still prefer USB Loader GX). I have everything updated and I use an SD card non SDHC 2GB for emunand. This is a issue that don't bother me so much, because for installing WADs, I have to insert this SD card into my computer anyway....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1