Hacking HOW TO INSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL ON 4.0 VIRGIN WII!!

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
easygo said:
Hi, I'm very new to this scene but i managed to install hbc on my hard modded wii 4.0E thanks to you guys.I also managed to install apps like ftpii and some games from homebrew browser.
Now my problem...I wanted to install usbloader which you have on your site.And I needed cIOS36_rev10 and wad manager..I downloaded them but I cant install them.
I'm repeatedely getting ret 1 or 2001..
I used the network update..and it downloads all the neccessary files, but then gives an error at the end.(for the cios)
I cant install wad manager either, as it also gives an error message.
What am I doing wrong and what should I do?
Hope you can help.
Thanks

sad.gif

Try Downgrading IOS35 with CMDVDX34 and then try to install cIOS rev10.

QUOTEI'm gonna go do this in about ten minutes.

Anyone know if it can be done with a SDHC card?
I havent tried with SDHC cards with this so i dont know

gregory2590

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then boot up Wad Manager again and this time install cIOS36.wad and then rest your when its done installing, then We go on the next step.

What is "rest your"?

EDIT: NVM. Anyways, when my friend tries the first part of step 4, instead of the boot loading, the wii restarts. What happened?

ko0pSTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need help installing from step one i drag all the files and folders inside the 4.0softmod folder into the sd card??
cuz i did and i got to data magemant all the way to sd but nothing happens?

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gregory2590 said:
then boot up Wad Manager again and this time install cIOS36.wad and then rest your when its done installing, then We go on the next step.

What is "rest your"?

EDIT: NVM. Anyways, when my friend tries the first part of step 4, instead of the boot loading, the wii restarts. What happened?
Sorry, i meant "Restart Your wii".
did it Install successfully

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
i'm calling fake.

1. bannerbomb hasn't been released yet
2. the link to bannerbaomb says the file was deleted by uploader
rapidshare said:
This file has been deleted.
Reason: Deleted by uploader.
3. to install ios16 you'd first have to use any title deleter to uninstall the version already on the wii as it's a higher version

your first two are completely full of crap as for the 3rd wrong. with a wad installation tool it will simply overwrite an exsisting version of IOS without any problem even if the version installed is newer. and for that matter No one is trying to install IOS 16. Thats not needed nor of any use on 4.0

tiv_puppy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, I managed to get HBC working on my 4.0u . PatchMii got back to Wii menu, and DVDx freezed it, so I skipped both steps. On my HBC, I installed HomeBrew Browser, and downloaded the DVDx installer and the DVDx Installer for 3.4. Tried both of them, but still can't make my backups to load via Backup Launcher. Maybe I missed something? Or DVDx isn't working yet on 4.0? Backup Launcher detects the game, but fails to load it.

Thanks in advance

gregory2590

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
gregory2590 said:

What is "rest your"?

Sorry, i meant "Restart Your wii".
did it Install successfully
Not really. But my friend and I will look into it tomorrow.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
BlindDude said:
ko0pSTA said:
i cant get it to boot nothing my wii is a lu61 4.0u
Read the second line on the first post of this thread.. WTF is wrong with people....... Waiting for ignorant comeback.

second line of post says lu64
He says his is LU61
i just want to tell you that this tutorial may not work for everyone.

AuroraKnight214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i installed cIOSv7 and when i try to down grade i get another error this time 116 it gives me this error when its trying to Initialize network help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...