Hacking How to install Smash Fighters DLC?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some fighters pass backs up I want to install on my CFW emunand. When I try to install them, I am told "Invalid NCA (might mean missing sigpatches or too low a firmware)

I am on 11.0.1 with the approriate sig patches, or atleast I assume? I just installed a back up of MH:R which I know needs 11.0.1 sigpatches.

How can I get my DLC fighters onto my CFW emunand? I want to avoid having to redump my OFW because this emuNAND has been in place for the last 4 years and has a whole set of games and saves I don't want to back up and replace. I am using goldleaf to install an .nsp that acts as an "unlocker" of the fighters I have on my OFW side.

Edit: I tried some other packages and got them to install. Is the issue that I went straight from the base copy of the game to 11.0.1, do I need to install some updates along the way?

Edit 2: I found some alternate DLC back ups that work, but the weird thing is I can't get the Sephiroth one to work, I tried to two different onces and I get the Invalid NCA error, every other challenger pack installed fine...

Last edited by blazingwolf,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Your assumption is correct.
New characters are added to the game itself and those DLC things just switch them on.
So you need to update the game to the latest version as well.
If it still doesn't work, then it might be a bad dump.
Just check the comments section on the site where you got it to see if people complain it isn't working.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some fighters pass backs up I want to install on my CFW emunand. When I try to install them, I am told "Invalid NCA (might mean missing sigpatches or too low a firmware)

I am on 11.0.1 with the approriate sig patches, or atleast I assume? I just installed a back up of MH:R which I know needs 11.0.1 sigpatches.

How can I get my DLC fighters onto my CFW emunand? I want to avoid having to redump my OFW because this emuNAND has been in place for the last 4 years and has a whole set of games and saves I don't want to back up and replace. I am using goldleaf to install an .nsp that acts as an "unlocker" of the fighters I have on my OFW side.

Edit: I tried some other packages and got them to install. Is the issue that I went straight from the base copy of the game to 11.0.1, do I need to install some updates along the way?

Edit 2: I found some alternate DLC back ups that work, but the weird thing is I can't get the Sephiroth one to work, I tried to two different onces and I get the Invalid NCA error, every other challenger pack installed fine...
Don't use Goldleaf to install them as it is arguably the worst title installer. Instead, use TinWoo Installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: old men discussion