Hacking How to install .pkg Vita game update?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered something interesting. I was able to decrypt a pkg without the zrif in the command line. see if the decrypted pkg works then.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something also appears to be wrong with your internet connection. I just downloaded the killzone update via nps browser:

Untitled-2.jpg

it took about one minute to get the whole thing. that's about the speed I was getting.

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, I did decrypt it without ZRIF with pkg2zip, same error. I'm now trying this other method to decrypt .pkg how do I do it NPS?

Also, my Indonesian internet is fucked up, I can stream YouTube 1080P with no buffering, but downloading 42MB file off PSN takes an entire day.

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Finally successfully patched Oddworld via NPS!!! 42MB patch file (3+ hour downloading time), Killzone is still downloading (42MB/536MB in 3 hours), but I've also downloaded an encrypted .pkg patch file off PSN, but I have no way of decrypting it.

I tried this method, but it doesn't seem to work:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...es-without-plugins.548878/page-2#post-9295416

How should I decrypt this? I did:
- unpacked via pkg2zip with ZRIF ---> error
- unpacked via pkg2zip without ZRIF , and then copied the work.bin from NoNpDRM game folder, and then decrypted the patch folder with _decrypt.exe ---> No result, there should be a new folder created, but none.

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
DONE!!! Successfully decrypted the .pkg patch with pkg2zip, game is updated. My problem last time was I was trying to patch the game with a single 1.11 patch, apparently this patch will not work unless I installed 1.01 - 1.10 patches in succession first.

I wanted to do this because update 1.11 removes the touch screen controls and replaced it with analog gestures for Vita TV. I was trying to force this mode to appear on PS Vita, because the option does not appear unless you play the game on Vita TV. Someone suggested that if I install 1.11 only and not the 1.12, the option might appear.

So installing 1.11 patch only doesn't work, and downloading patch 1.01 to 1.10 is too much work (1.01 alone is 1GB) , I'll stick with this 1.12 update (which is a 500+MB cumulative update).

Thanks for everything, I learnt a lot! Now I can download .pkg updates much faster and decrypt it myself.

Last edited by Rich8606,
Reactions: godreborn

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
New problem. The DLC downloaded from NPS are not recognized, and when I try downloading and installing the DLCs from PKGj, the game is corrupted and can't launch!

EDIT: weird, deleted everything. copied the game, patch and DLCs again with VitaShell and refreshed Live Area, now everything works.

Now, I backed up my saves (from my official cartridge game save), with this method: https://psvitasaves.xyz/faq.php#backup
Let me see if I can restore it.

Last edited by Rich8606,

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
NPS will decrypt after you complete the config for it. You can use the program NPS use to decrypt manually if you downloaded a pkg file.
About the reddit post, it is wrong. You dont have to delete the original app game, because each part of the game is completely seperate, meaning app and update and DLC all stay in their own folder.

BTW the reddit post is correct, patching a version 1.00 game doesn't remove the update button on the live area, the game is patched and on the info it is listed as the latest version 1.12 but the yellow arrow update button is still there. I deleted everything, copied the game and the patch at the same time, and then refreshed live area and only then is everything displayed correctly.

Also, the save backup restore doesn't work... it corrupted the game. Oh well, back to copying the game and everything via VitaShell again.

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
From what you write, i can already know that you overwrite the data from patch into app... Same with save backup, you should use tool like SaveManager for save file that you not sure about its location.

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nope, patch folder went into ux0/patch/PCSA00107 folder, save data I copied by following this instructions: https://psvitasaves.xyz/faq.php#restore

But I missed one crucial step, this: "In Vitashell go inside that folder and if you see "sealedkey", "keystone" or "clearsign" delete those files. These could be in a sce_sys folder."

I did it again, deleted said files and it worked, my save data is restored.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you figured out what the problem was. I was pretty sure the decryption method was the same when automated. I don't know about the vita, but I know that some ps3 games require every update as well. not all do though, and I think the way the system knows is via an xml file when updating a game.

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks to everybody for offering their guidance, I made a lot of errors. At one point I disconnected my VitaShell USB connection during copying and it screwed up my NoNpDRM script. Searched online and found that I need to delete the tai folder in ux0 (whch has my NoNpDRM and my 0syscall6, and to reinstall Henkaku. Now my 0syscall6 is gone and my NoNpDRM is in my ur0 tai folder instead, but evrything works? Do I need to reinstall 0syscall6 too?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but 0syscall6 iirc is for playing games that require higher firmware. I don't think killzone will be affected, so that's probably why it works anyway. it doesn't allow newer keys though. afaik, the game keys haven't changed between 3.60 and 3.73. I seem to recall reading that about the keys on its github.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pkgj will tell you if a game does require higher firmware. I'm sure there are games that require 3.70+, but the highest I've personally downloaded is 3.67 I believe. I'm on 3.60 myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o