Status
Not open for further replies.

limesherbert

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right so I downloaded DVDX installer (end users) from here but then when I extracted that .rar file all I got was boot.dol and no installer.dol like the hackmii post said.
wacko.gif
so now what.

and sorry for the noobish question >_>

limesherbert

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mkay did that, but once I loaded up homebrew channel the app showed up with no title, no icon, no descroption. It just said apps/dvdx/boot.dol. So I just loaded it up, and I got to something called 'dvd stub installer' or something along those lines. I did a normal install, which took about two seconds, and then I went back to HBC. I'm not sure I have dvdx because when I tried loading a DVD in mplayer it didn't work.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need title, icon, or description.

Nobody needs meta.xml files or icon.png

DVDX worked, but you need to right MPlayer from HackMii and use a factory-made DVD if possible to test.

BennySupersonic

Trophies
XP
Country
DVDX V2 not found error message

Sorry if this is a bit off subject. I'm having some problems with the N64 emulator. The version is Wii 64 Beta 1.1 'Honey'. I've got the latest version of the homebrew channel up and running (1.0.8) so everything should be fine. When I first installed Wii 64, I burnt a load of games to a DVD-R and the emulator was loading from the disc just fine. However, when I come to run it now and try to load the roms from the DVD, I'm getting an error message saying "DVDX V2 not found". Can anyone help with this? I've tried following some of the previous steps but have had no luck. When I try to run the homebrew installer again, I'm not getting any option to install DVDX. Sorry if I sound like an idiot, I'm a bit new to this stuff! Thanks

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
BennySupersonic said:
DVDX V2 not found error message

Sorry if this is a bit off subject. I'm having some problems with the N64 emulator. The version is Wii 64 Beta 1.1 'Honey'. I've got the latest version of the homebrew channel up and running (1.0.8) so everything should be fine. When I first installed Wii 64, I burnt a load of games to a DVD-R and the emulator was loading from the disc just fine. However, when I come to run it now and try to load the roms from the DVD, I'm getting an error message saying "DVDX V2 not found". Can anyone help with this? I've tried following some of the previous steps but have had no luck. When I try to run the homebrew installer again, I'm not getting any option to install DVDX. Sorry if I sound like an idiot, I'm a bit new to this stuff! Thanks

You need to add the following line

CODE

to the meta.xml (before )

In fact, there is NO NEED for DVDx anymore, because adding that line to meta.xml WILL DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING as having DVDx installed (assuming you're launching from HBC and not a forwarder).

QUOTE(Arm the Homeless @ Nov 6 2008, 04:08 PM) Nobody needs meta.xml files or icon.png

That's not entirely true. If you want AHBPROT (which is the same thing as DVDx, without the need of installing anything other than HBC), you need meta.xml and it needs the line above.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
qwertymodo said:
In fact, there is NO NEED for DVDx anymore, because adding that line to meta.xml WILL DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING as having DVDx installed (assuming you're launching from HBC and not a forwarder).
Just a small correction:

Yes there is no need for DVDx moving forward as the HBC now sets the HW_AHBPROT flag to provide full system access. I specifically say moving forward as programs have to be updated in order to make use of the new access method. Older programs that have not been updated will still need DVDx. Admittedly, these programs are far and few, often being replaced by currently developed homebrew - I'm looking at FTPii specifically here
wink.gif

Back to the original post:

You can install the last version of DVDx using the older HackMii Installer v0.6 if you can find it. Keep in mind that System Menu 4.3 detects the title ID of this last version of DVDx and promptly deletes it. So if you have SM4.3 you need a program like Priiloader which can apply a [No-Delete HAXX,JODI,DVDX,DISC,DISK,RZDx] patch.

-[]D

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the original post is working on its third year.

lots of necro-bumps lately. it's interesting.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sweenish said:
the original post is working on its third year.

lots of necro-bumps lately. it's interesting.
Lol, true. The reply works for BennySupersonic's revival post anyways though...

-[]D

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Nobody needs meta.xml files or icon.png

That's not entirely true. If you want AHBPROT (which is the same thing as DVDx, without the need of installing anything other than HBC), you need meta.xml and it needs the line above.
In case you haven't yet noticed, this thread has been bumped from 2008.
It WAS entirely true back then.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know why it's happening, it just typically doesn't happen here.

looks like that whole netiquette thing is starting to catch on a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents