Hacking How to install big CIA file with boop and fbi

Hockeydavid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a persona q2 cia file and tried to install it with boop and fbi. It said it successfully installed, but it isn't appearing on my 3ds. I tried again, but got an error. How do I get persona q2 cia file on my 3ds?

Hockeydavid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I tell if my cia file is bad? I downloaded it form -snip- it is 2779561 kb. Before I tried using boop, I put the cia file on my sd card and tried to install it with fbi, but I got an error.

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
How do I tell if my cia file is bad? I downloaded it form -snip- it is 2779561 kb. Before I tried using boop, I put the cia file on my sd card and tried to install it with fbi, but I got an error.

well you need to re-download it corrupted. or find a different website. try different sources.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If the error says something like "title already exists" that means it installed. Have a closer look and make sure you didn't miss the icon.

Hockeydavid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using a different rom and the new boop. I got an error code 0xD820A069. Level permanent, summary:Nop, module HTTP, Desc: request timed out

i think request timed out means the connection was interrupted, but my computer was on the entire time.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using a different rom and the new boop. I got an error code 0xD820A069. Level permanent, summary:Nop, module HTTP, Desc: request timed out

i think request timed out means the connection was interrupted, but my computer was on the entire time.

Your computer on the same network as the 3DS?

Hockeydavid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it was on the same network. After failing with boop, I tried putting the file on my sd card and installing via fbi. After 30 minutes of installing, I got an error saying cert signature or hash check failed. What does that mean?

Hockeydavid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it was on the same network. After failing with boop, I tried putting the file on my sd card and installing via fbi. After 30 minutes of installing, I got an error saying cert signature or hash check failed. What does that mean?

Edit: i successfully installed a different game(fire emblem awakening) using fbi, so the error lies in the cia file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt5-JoLK1dA