How to identify X360 chip or softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Quincy, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Quincy
    OP

Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Nov 13, 2008
    Netherlands
    Your house, robbing your stuff
    So is there a way?

My dad thinks that he can install iXtreme 1.5 but i think we can not...

So we need a way to identify my X360 mod as Soft or Chip WITHOUT opening the case...

Many thx

Merry XMASS

Quincy

2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    It doesn't matter , your dad is right , you can install ixtreme 1.5. Even if it was chipped , it would make no difference , it wouldn't stop you flashing ixtreme to the drive.

As for telling without opening it , hmm , if you have to patch with something like nme associator or similar , then chip. If you don't then it's flashed. Not 100% accurate though , as if you had one of the old dual firmware mods , then it would act like flashed , while technically still being a chip.

Doesn't matter though , can install ixtreme anyway.

3. Quincy
    OP

Nov 13, 2008
    Netherlands
    Ah ok thx...i will install it in two days when i am back at my dad's(how do i install it by the way?just burn it to a cd?and what does it do?does it allows me to unban my X360=±P)

4. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    You have to open the 360 and connect the drive to the pc to install ixtreme 1.5. As for what it does , it's just an updated version of the hacked firmware ,support added for the lite-on drive + other enhancements, it won't unban you. Although now I think about it , while an nme or similar wouldn't stop you flashing the drive , they might not play nice together once it's done. Ixtreme is better option anyway , so if it is a chip , best to get rid and go flash anyway.

5. Quincy
    OP

Nov 13, 2008
    Netherlands
    Ah...now i wont flAsh it,my dad doesnt agree because we just went to ALOT of problems to mod our XBOX-I and upgrade the HDD