Not open for further replies.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
the mac change is working very well but my 3ds only gets 9/10 Mii Plaza visits. I have Mii Plaza and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire in StreetPass. But it won't get the last Mii and Pokemon getting nothing.
After i Visited my Mii Plaza StreetPass is working till 9/10 Mii Plaza visits.

StreetPass relays try to return Miis in multiple of 3s. To get 10 you will need the odd relay that returns less than those numbers (rarely happens, or on addresses out of the basic list), including 1.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi Duke.
I tried to install the driver for my D-Link DWA-131 (rev b):
slauncha.dyndns.org/config/RTL8188C_8192C_USB_linux_v4.0.2_9000.20130911.zip
I shouldn't use the ./install.sh from the driver for this case ?
Yes, you can try it like that. in most cases there is a readme file with the driver with instructions or a make file. However you'll most probably will need to additionally install a build tools like make, gcc, perl and so on, but there are no space for that in my image

Awesomeslayerg Press ALT+F1 to show the logon screen.

TheCocoCici Go on, get the key, spread it to all, Nintendo will change it or change the streetpass relay completely and everyone will lose homepass. Don't do things twice, I have the working homepass script and the key distribution method which can't be broken in near future. You just need to find the workaround for a driver bug, not to invent everything from the scratch. The code on nzone.vbs is open, I can point the place where Atheros driver fails, you only need to experiment with the sequence and/or delay. Even if you are an experienced Win32 C programmer there are nothing you can do besides that can be done in the vbs, but you will spend A LOT of time to rewrite the same.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
So, for all Windows users who can't use native Windows method (nzone.exe/nzone.vbs) but have a separate USB wireless adapter for homepass:
1. Download and install VMWare Player
2. Download and decompress a Debian image with hompass preconfigured (nzone linux script)
3. Plug your USB wireless adapter
4. Click on the Homepass.vmx to run virtual machine
5. In VMWare player menu select Player - Removeble Devices - <Your wireless adapter name> - Connect (Disconnect from host)
6. If you was not quick (most probably) then virtual machine is already booted without wireless interface properly initialized, so just click Player - Power - Reset
You should not preconfigure any of access points as only open SSIDs are used and WPA security is not enabled

Finally had a chance to try this. Seems I can't get anything to work.

I have a NETGEAT WNA100 Genie.

TheCocoCici

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TheCocoCici Go on, get the key, spread it to all, Nintendo will change it or change the streetpass relay completely and everyone will lose homepass. Don't do things twice, I have the working homepass script and the key distribution method which can't be broken in near future. You just need to find the workaround for a driver bug, not to invent everything from the scratch. The code on nzone.vbs is open, I can point the place where Atheros driver fails, you only need to experiment with the sequence and/or delay. Even if you are an experienced Win32 C programmer there are nothing you can do besides that can be done in the vbs, but you will spend A LOT of time to rewrite the same.

Who talked about spread it to all ? If I get a key, I will obviously not spread it, I know that Nintendo will change it and that will be detrimental for everyone. If you want I could give you the source code of the program and then you could add the infos and you could compile and spread it.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Who talked about spread it to all ? If I get a key, I will obviously not spread it, I know that Nintendo will change it and that will be detrimental for everyone. If you want I could give you the source code of the program and then you could add the infos and you could compile and spread it.
Compile the program with the key is not a secure method for hiding the key, the program must be protected from being easily reversed. Nzone.exe even does not contain a key itself, but uses it. If your program is based on WinAPI rather than on third party libraries and/or shell execution of macshift/netsh then it will be interesting.

Kishe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried to use nzone.exe but got the BSOD despite knowing my adapter is able to host networks with a changed mac address. But after my laptop restarted I went ahead and checked by using maccheck.cmd. Sure enough, the first row showed two 1's. Tried nzone.exe again but now the laptop BSOD's on startup. Currently trying to fix this, will update soon.

UPDATE: Reinstalled old driver for the adapter and ran maccheck.cmd again.
Results:
Atheros Communications Inc.,Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter,PCI\VEN
_168C&amp;DEV_0032&amp;SUBSYS_2C971A3B&amp;REV_01\4&amp;23DEEA05&amp;0&amp;00E1,
athr

Any idea why it crashes when trying to use nzone.exe?

SaebaRyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can try it like that. in most cases there is a readme file with the driver with instructions or a make file. However you'll most probably will need to additionally install a build tools like make, gcc, perl and so on, but there are no space for that in my image

Yes that's why i used gparted for the resize (I had hard time with VmWare which doesn't let much time to use the multiboot + use my iso that contains gparted)

I did a noob one by doing a "apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-amd64 firmware-realtek" instead of "linux-headers-686-pae" (Old habit ...) but then managed to install the gcc, make and such

I used the install.sh script recommended by the driver's manual and this nice guide :

http://slauncha.dyndns.org/index.ph...131-n300-usb-wifi-adapteur-sous-debian-wheezy

(Well it's in French but you can easilly follow the command ^^)

it seems that most of the modification done by the script aren't kept after the reboot, such as the folder /sys/bus/usb/drivers/rtl8192cu

I'll try to figure out the issue during the next weekend but if anyone has an idea regarding that ... ^^

TheCocoCici

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Compile the program with the key is not a secure method for hiding the key, the program must be protected from being easily reversed. Nzone.exe even does not contain a key itself, but uses it. If your program is based on WinAPI rather than on third party libraries and/or shell execution of macshift/netsh then it will be interesting.

I don't use an external library and I don't think that a windows executable could be reversed.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
SaebaRyo great job, looks like you did everything right. Just check that the new driver is placed somewhere in /lib/modules/...

TheCocoCici Well, it can. Moreover if you keep the key inside the exe it may be extracted with no reverse at all. So can you tell which build environment and mac/interface/hosted network manipulation method you are going to use?

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what this means.
Also, I noticed my USB dongle doesn't work when I have it running on the VM. I opened the VMware as an admin.

Untitled.jpg

SaebaRyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaebaRyo great job, looks like you did everything right. Just check that the new driver is placed somewhere in /lib/modules/...

The driver does appear in the /lib/modules (3.2.0-4-686-pae/kernel/drivers/net/wireless to be exact)

The good point is that it remains even after a reboot but I get that :
8192cu.jpg

then the same message than Bambam

TheCocoCici

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TheCocoCici Well, it can. Moreover if you keep the key inside the exe it may be extracted with no reverse at all. So can you tell which build environment and mac/interface/hosted network manipulation method you are going to use?

I thought to use the Native Wifi API to set up the hosted network.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Does anyone know how to make a maccycler for osx? I like the ones given but I would like to add my own MAC addresses/ Cycle a specific way. If anyone can point me in that direction it would be much appreciated.

TheCocoCici

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok I tested to change the mac address of my atheros card with the hosted network started and it worked perfectly.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The driver does appear in the /lib/modules (3.2.0-4-686-pae/kernel/drivers/net/wireless to be exact)

The good point is that it remains even after a reboot but I get that :
View attachment 13547
then the same message than Bambam
Have you tried ifconfig after RTL firmware uploaded? Maybe it is started with the different interface name.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I thought to use the Native Wifi API to set up the hosted network.
Netsh does the same anyway. And the hosted network mode is one of the driver features in windows 7, as well as costom MAC. So it won't do a workaround for atheros anyway because the same dricer method is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh