Status
Not open for further replies.

HackerNint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi. I have the adapter D-Link DWL-G122 (H/W Ver C1 F/W Ver.: 3.30 (E) ) and macshift can't change MAC of my adapter. I tried this in Ubuntu 14.04.1 (through VMware Workstation 10)

and I get "rt73usb WiFi adapter not supported". I use Ethernet to connect to internet and I only want Eon Ticket for Omega Ruby through Homepass so I don't want to buy an adapter just for this. How does the thing with the personal Mac address works? Do I need my ordinary modem for that? The personal Mac Address is the one that goes by "Wireless Access Point - Physical Address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" in my router/modem? Also I have a friend that can do Homepass and got the Eon Ticket through Homepass, can he do something targeted at me to send me the ticket? Thanks in advance.
Can anyone help me with this? I am keeping my console to 9.2 version.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a router flashed with dd-wrt. I use NZ@McD1 as SSID with no password, but using the MAC address' filter and I can do homepass as always.

kaduvrp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I have a strange question: do your smartphones face any problems while using the NZ@McD1 network? My iPhone 4S didn't want to connect until I came back with the network's original name. And my wife's Lumia 925 doesn't even connect with the old network anymore. Any suggestions?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So, you're telling me I get this error code because my 3DS either cannot connect to the AP, or it cannot get the IP address, or the internet is not routed to the AP.
You must have already noticed I'm sort of a noob when it comes to this stuff, so how do I solve those?
First you need to investigate which one problem involved. Most probably with the different wireless device.

ogopogo Please follow Before anything else link in the first post of the thread. And don't update to 9.3 yet.

HackerNint Please PM me output for
lspci -k
lshw

2All: If fw9.3 limitation will be confirmed and neither of NZ@McD1, NZ@McD2, NintendoSpotPass1, NintendoSpotPass2 or Nintendo_Zone1 will work with the password, there is still an option for Windows, which require time to implement, so be patient please and just keep trying those SSIDs in Windows for now on fw9.3.

ogopogo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
ogopogo Please follow Before anything else link in the first post of the thread. And don't update to 9.3 yet.
w

You mean follow the instruction in the first post or is there some other links I missed? I used "Guide #2 By elridge" for Windows 7 from the first post and followed each step. Right now my 3DS is connected to my virtual network named attwii (also tried NZ@McD1). Connection test on the 3DS shows that I connect to the internet and Nintendo Zone shows up (Can't actually use it though since I can't set no encryption on Windows) and doing a ipconfig /all in cmd shows my Wireless LAN Adapter Wireless Network Connection's MAC as 4E53504F4F46, which is the one I set. However, I'm still not getting any Streetpass which is why I'm wondering if there's anything specific that I missed or that there's something else I need to do on a Japanese 3DS on 9.2 Emunand.

Since I've never actually gotten Streetpass before, I assume I'll see Mii in my Plaza and get Streetpass in games that I've set to accept Streetpass?

ogopogo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
ogopogo
There is a link in the first post marked with the big letters "Before anything else"

Oh right, don't know how I missed it ha! Well I got a Aethros Wireless Adapter and when tried running C:\nzone.vbs start BASE256 in cmd it gave me a BSOD like you said it would. Also doing maccheck.cmd didn't show all 0. Is there anything I can do to get past the BSOD?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ogopogo No one knows how to fix BSOD issue with Atheros for now. I don't have one so I just can't do an extended test just to check if there any option to avoid that.

ogopogo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
ogopogo No one knows how to fix BSOD issue with Atheros for now. I don't have one so I just can't do an extended test just to check if there any option to avoid that.

EDIT: Well damn! Looks like the BSOD actually helped, my homepass is working after the restart for some reason. Thanks for the help!

brigada75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
Just configured homepass on my macbook pro. I'm on 9.2.

With attwifi ssid >
I can browse the internet but i'm not getting Streetpass.

With NZ@McD1 ssid >I get the message from Nintendo Zone but the software asks me to update to 9.3
I don't want to do that because i'm going to get a Gateway soon or later.

The question is >
How can i get Streetpasses?

Thx a lot ; )

ikupo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried asking in the macycle thread to no avail. (Probably the wrong thread to ask in).:

"So I'm trying to use this to get the eon ticket. I've followed the set up and everything seems to be working. My 3ds connects just fine but won't stay connected. It shows up with the show command in cmd when the 3ds is open but the second I close the 3ds it disconnects. It also reconnects whenever I open it up. I apologize if this has been solved before but I'm not finding much help with google."

I'm using macycle on my laptop and everything seems to be alright. My 3ds just won't connect in the sleep mode.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I tried asking in the macycle thread to no avail. (Probably the wrong thread to ask in).:

"So I'm trying to use this to get the eon ticket. I've followed the set up and everything seems to be working. My 3ds connects just fine but won't stay connected. It shows up with the show command in cmd when the 3ds is open but the second I close the 3ds it disconnects. It also reconnects whenever I open it up. I apologize if this has been solved before but I'm not finding much help with google."

I'm using macycle on my laptop and everything seems to be alright. My 3ds just won't connect in the sleep mode.
You should not check like that. Just launch Nintendo Zone application and check if it can load Nintendo Zone page with no 3ds system connection error. 3DS won't stay connected to the access point while in sleep mode, it is in the StreetPass mode, i.e. it is only periodically emits the StreetPass beacon and scans for the available SpotPass access points. If it was already connected to that access point it just have no reason to connect to the same MAC within next 8 hours streetpass cooldown period.

Tin_Whiskers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the latest update seems to have killed the methods to use in Windows, correct? I mean, everything was dandy 'till my 3DS pulled the new update... and now (as has been posted here) it no longer connects to the NZ@MCD network due to a change in the encryption settings. Since you can't turn off encryption in Windows, there goes that.

I now have a brand-new Ubuntu Live USB stick loaded and ready to go! I tried the Linux instructions last night, and running the commands in Terminal seemed to generate errors to the effect that the scripts had changed and weren't working properly.

Does anyone have an updated/current guide that is known-working for Linux? Essentially, to set up the Homepass network there, and then (if needed) to turn off encryption on the NZ@MCD network?

Thanks! :nds:

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Tin_Whiskers Live USB may not work because too much additional packages needed. The script must be adopted for every Linux version, so there is no universal method - you're either trying to use exactly the same version or you're have the experience to fix issues for your distro and help maintain the public version compatibility. Personally I don't have enough time and hardware to check the script for a Linux distros.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should not check like that. Just launch Nintendo Zone application and check if it can load Nintendo Zone page with no 3ds system connection error. 3DS won't stay connected to the access point while in sleep mode, it is in the StreetPass mode, i.e. it is only periodically emits the StreetPass beacon and scans for the available SpotPass access points. If it was already connected to that access point it just have no reason to connect to the same MAC within next 8 hours streetpass cooldown period.

Is there a chance that the Nintendo Zone errors might be region locked? I've been getting streetpasses just fine, but I've never gotten anything but connection errors when running Nintendo Zone.
Just now, I got 013-9202 and 003-1105. I haven't gotten any others outside of that, I don't think.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Rocket0634 I can only say for sure for an european 3DS. Are you trying to launch it with the nzone.vbs started on BASE256 list? Nintendo Zone page download is very slow, it is possible that you just can't get all the data in 2 minutes delay between MAC change and thus got a system connection error.

upd: just checked, if 3DS is below fw 9.3.0-21 one will get an update request dialog.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rocket0634 I can only say for sure for an european 3DS. Are you trying to launch it with the nzone.vbs started on BASE256 list? Nintendo Zone page download is very slow, it is possible that you just can't get all the data in 2 minutes delay between MAC change and thus got a system connection error.

Nah, I use BASE16 now because I don't need two minute changes. The 3DS connects just fine to the network and can get streetpasses every 30 minutes. I just figure since my 3DS is North American, the European Nintendo Zone won't accept the 3DS, thus giving me a connection error, rather than the ORAS demo error.

Tin_Whiskers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tin_Whiskers Live USB may not work because too much additional packages needed. The script must be adopted for every Linux version, so there is no universal method - you're either trying to use exactly the same version or you're have the experience to fix issues for your distro and help maintain the public version compatibility. Personally I don't have enough time and hardware to check the script for a Linux distros.

Aww, crud. I guess I can no longer Homepass, then. I'll putz with it some more and see if I can get one of the methods working. I DO have an old WRT54G router sitting around, but it's one of the crappier ones with low memory, so not sure that'll work.

Thank you for your help, duke_srg! I appreciate your reply.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Tin_Whiskers PM me with the error on the Linux version, can't promise but with the small steps and some time it is possible to adopt it such way. WRT54G won't work with my script because of the very limited flash size which do not allow it to have a necessary wget application, but the static MAC cycling with BASE MACs is possible, you can search the thread for the method. For now while European Nintendo shuffles StreetPass data with no MAC lookup it is not a big deal having a BASE MAcs limitation comparing to the fully functional MAC lists.

arkanoth

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant get streetpass to work, Im using the first method for windows 7/8 and im running windows 7 64bit home premium
I've followed all the instructions to the letter except for one
It says to uncheck "Microsoft network adapter multiplexor protocol" but i dont see it in attwifi properties so i ignored it. The 3ds network test was succesful after i changed the settings and im using MACycle v1.40 which says that its changing the macs. my 3ds firmware is 9.3.0-21E and the web browser works when connected as does the friend list, just not streetpass

EDIT:
looked a page or two back and looked at the before anything else. cant get maccheck.cmd and tried running nzone.vbs base256 but got an error
line 183
char 3
error invalid parameter
code 80041008
source SWbemObjectSet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1