• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
if your talking to me, yes I have everything exactly as it is in the images. hmm might try google's dns instead but it would probably be pointless since I can't even get it past the first connection part of the test..
if you have an android device get the app WiEye and see if you attwifi is working fine and has a mac address
do you know how to use macshift?
if yes try using the command
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -d
to restore your mac of your wifi card maybe it got messed up in the process somewhere. maybe some screenshots aslo just to see better more pairs of eyes we might spot something :)

dragonkain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, can someone help me please?
I've been trying to setup a relay using my iMac but with no success.

I'm sharing my Ethernet connection using AirPort (channel 11, no security), I've used "attwifi" and other hotspots from my country as SSID and I also tried using the Terminal to manually input the MAC adresses from the spreedsheets and even TigerDX HomePasser script.

When I turn my 3DS, I get the message that Nintendo Zone is available and sometimes when the lid is open I see the Streetpass green logo on the top left corner, so I assume that I did everything OK.
But every time I put my 3DS in Sleep Mode, I get no green light and no streetpasses.

I've tried using alot of different MAC addresses, while restarting my iMac, unpluging the ethernet cable and turning the 3DS wireless on/off. Am I doing something wrong or is my 3DS Streetpass just not working?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
since all mac changers work fine as long as all this has been set up properly. alot of people are having similar problem. im not using virtual router i just trype in the commands in cmd its easier cause VR looks a bit doddgy xD
I'm using cmd too and my configuration is fine. I still have problems which I cannot fix.

If it doesn't work for you then you should revert back to your default settings and what do you mean by "my connection get damage" more info will help. As from previous post I've read you said that when starting Macycle you can't connect to the attwifi anymore from your 3Ds correct. Also make sure you are sharing with attwifi Not Wi-Fi

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow|
netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid=attwifi key=whatever keyUsage=persistent
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

1) My internet-connection is based on my wired adapter.
2) My wireless adapter has been renamed to "Wi-Fi"
3) I'm sharing my wired-adapter (Ethernet) to the virtual adapter (the attwifi I created before)
4) Adjusting manual settings on my 3DS (192.168.137.xxx/Gateway 192.168.137.1/DNS 192.168.137.1)
=> 3DS can establish Internet connection (tested with its browser)
=> Putting 3DS in standby-mode

5) Running MACycle
=> Waiting until he cycled like 10 adresses
6) Opening 3DS, no new Miis, Wi-Fi-connection to attwifi lost
=> Is not able to connect to attwifi any longer

DanielC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a wireless USB adapter so I could do this for my computer, only I can't seem to be able to change the MAC address of the adapter. There's no option for it in the advanced adapter settings and MAC shift doesn't change it either. Am I screwed?

*Nevermind! Managed to be able to change my MAC address with this tool: http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/etherchange/

But it kind of sucks because I can't use the MAC cycler program and have to change everything manually...

tehSharkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my 3DS able to see a Nintendo Zone and connect through to the internet. I can use macshift/macpass to cycle MAC addresses on my Wi-Fi card (laptop). The wireless connection box on the 3DS homescreen is green and saying "StreetPass" but I'm not seeing anybody. Is there a step on the 3DS itself I have missed to enable streetpass? I got a "special" Mii through SpotPass, and he remains my only guest so far.

Cycling the MAC address or staying on a specific one doesn't yield any difference. I've been using the 15 standard ones on the Google Doc, and left it idling on the one designated for Bravely Default.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
do you know how to use macshift?
if yes try using the command
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -d
to restore your mac of your wifi card maybe it got messed up in the process somewhere. maybe some screenshots aslo just to see better more pairs of eyes we might spot something :)

what is that command with "-d" supposed to do? the guide says to use "macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -r" to reset it, not "macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -d". when I used the command with "-d" I got a BSOD and it broke my wifi card (BSODs every time I touched something related to it). as I already said, I had to use the "system configuration restore" utility to fix it.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
what is that command with "-d" supposed to do? the guide says to use "macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -r" to reset it, not "macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -d". when I used the command with "-d" I got a BSOD and it broke my wifi card (BSODs every time I touched something related to it). as I already said, I had to use the "system configuration restore" utility to fix it.
it reverts your adapters original mac address

Etherwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Alright, I want to try this. I think I can only use my DD-WRT router (I don't have a WLAN card in my PC so I can't use the Windows 7 method. Or can I? I'm exhausted so I feel I may have glossed over some things/they may have flown over my head).

My PC is connected to the dd-wrt router, which is then connected to the main router, and that's connected to the internet.

The problem is that everyone in my family uses the wireless. So I suppose I can't change it like http://imgur.com/a/a07os while everyone including myself is able to use the internet at the same time, right?

HOWEVER

I noticed there's something called "Virtual Interfaces" in the Wireless setup and Security setup pages.
http://imgur.com/4yXRHmK
Can that be used? Will it work? And what SSID (I'm assuming "attwifi") IP address, subnet mask etc should I use?

EDIT

GREEN LIGHT.

It worked! Instead of putting an IP address or subnet mask, I set it to Bridged. And did the Mac Address clone thing.

I'm happy. Thanks for the guide, guys.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I get streetpass' through the homepass relay. However, I can't get and for Bravely Default (EU version) (Download)(NOT demo).
I am using the Windows 7 homepass.
I thought I read somewhere, that if i download a virtual PC with Windows XP, that I can get BD streetpass'.
Please Help.

Also, not quite understanding the MACpass or MAC shift. I've been using MAC cycle V5 forever. (Use what you know, I guess.)

D

Deleted User

ive followed the pics as well and still no luck with windows 7 homepass station. tried the DNS of attwifi set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 also and nothing. guess im stuck with the router station instead. any way to automatically change the MAC of a router? :O

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
OK, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I get streetpass' through the homepass relay. However, I can't get and for Bravely Default (EU version) (Download)(NOT demo).
I am using the Windows 7 homepass.
I thought I read somewhere, that if i download a virtual PC with Windows XP, that I can get BD streetpass'.
Please Help.

Also, not quite understanding the MACpass or MAC shift. I've been using MAC cycle V5 forever. (Use what you know, I guess.)
runing windows xp will make no difference. ive heard you have to reach a point in the game to get streetpass content. i dont know try asking people in the bravely default thread i still dont have the game but im getting it in a day or two so il try then when i got it.

fryhtaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my 3DS for Christmas and stumbled on this thread while, out of frustration for the very slim pickins for StreetPass in my area, researching ways to get more tags.

I had an old DD-WRT router that I had converted to a switch after running out of ports coming out of my AT&T router upstairs and my downstairs WiFi access point, so I turned the WiFi back on, set up the "attwifi" with the MAC Clone settings, restricted access to only my 3DS' MAC address (since it is unsecured and public), and boom, it has worked perfectly as far as getting guests at the Mii Plaza. Awesome info provided in the OP.

The only thing I've noticed is that I'm not getting any Shadow Link alerts for ALBW. I don't want to burn myself out by "cheating" too much and killing the fun of getting Streetpasses out in the wild, so I've just cycled between the main MAC (ending in .46) and the ALBW MAC (ending in .43) once or twice a day. Both are getting me Mii Plaza guests, but neither are getting me LBTW fights. I have gotten 2 or 3 from around my city, so I know I have it set up correctly. Is there something else going on, or am I just having exceptionally bad luck with the two HomePass addresses I'm using?

Come to think of it... I have it turned on for Fire Emblem as well, and I haven't gotten anything there either. I'm only a couple of fights into the game, but I do remember getting a couple of StreetPass alerts on its icon before as well.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I got my 3DS for Christmas and stumbled on this thread while, out of frustration for the very slim pickins for StreetPass in my area, researching ways to get more tags.

I had an old DD-WRT router that I had converted to a switch after running out of ports coming out of my AT&T router upstairs and my downstairs WiFi access point, so I turned the WiFi back on, set up the "attwifi" with the MAC Clone settings, restricted access to only my 3DS' MAC address (since it is unsecured and public), and boom, it has worked perfectly as far as getting guests at the Mii Plaza. Awesome info provided in the OP.

The only thing I've noticed is that I'm not getting any Shadow Link alerts for ALBW. I don't want to burn myself out by "cheating" too much and killing the fun of getting Streetpasses out in the wild, so I've just cycled between the main MAC (ending in .46) and the ALBW MAC (ending in .43) once or twice a day. Both are getting me Mii Plaza guests, but neither are getting me LBTW fights. I have gotten 2 or 3 from around my city, so I know I have it set up correctly. Is there something else going on, or am I just having exceptionally bad luck with the two HomePass addresses I'm using?

Come to think of it... I have it turned on for Fire Emblem as well, and I haven't gotten anything there either. I'm only a couple of fights into the game, but I do remember getting a couple of StreetPass alerts on its icon before as well.
i went through all of the prime macs and got hits on fire emblem. try all of the addresses

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok maybe someboddy here can help me:

i am puzzling for a few days now, and i got this far:
- I got a unsecured accespoint running (from linux)(with an USB dongle)
- i can connect to the accespoint with my tablet and internet.

now I have the following problems:
- if i name my accespoint "attwifi" all my devices can see it, but my 3ds won't connect(or recognize) to an nintendo zone (i know there is more needed for streetpass relay, but I try to get this working first)

If somebody can help me with this , that would be great:)

p.s. I am running linux in an virtual machine (this because i also want to use it for going online with my ds games, which only supports WEP security, which isn't possible in windows 7) and i have emunand 7.X on my 3ds

fryhtaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i went through all of the prime macs and got hits on fire emblem. try all of the addresses

Yeah, but I did the MAC address specifically for ALBW. Unless the last 20 or so people are people just spamming MACs and hitting that one without actually reading which game a certain address is targeted for, you'd think I'd have gotten some Shadow Links by now, don't you think?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, but I did the MAC address specifically for ALBW. Unless the last 20 or so people are people just spamming MACs and hitting that one without actually reading which game a certain address is targeted for, you'd think I'd have gotten some Shadow Links by now, don't you think?

Well, like I've written already in another post: most homepassers treat the "recommended MAC for game" lists like a red pedestrian traffic light at 3am.

and ALBW is a really strange case, as I've recieved 4 in total in my last two weeks of streetpassing.

Logdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found about Homepass a few days and have been attempting to get the relay to work on my Win7 laptop. I am using the wired connection in tandem with an internal wireless card. I mainly followed the steps laid out by DarkKnigh_t on page 116 and have been successful in connecting my 3DS to the virtual wifi miniport, attwifi, the only connection in the 3DS settings. The 3DS is able to browse on the browser, see online friends, download updates, and shows Nintendo Zone is available when it is open, the issue I run into is that when closed in sleep mode.

When is sleep mode it will not periodically check the relay I have setup for streetpasses. I can open the 3DS and it will automatically connect back to the relay network and have full connectivity, even after changing mac address with MACPass/MACycle/manually. I have even verified the mac address properly changing via ipconfig. So it seems as though everything is working correctly except for my 3DS checking the relay for streetpasses while in sleep mode. I have left the network running overnight on a single address as well as with MACycle or MACPass changing addresses at 15-20 minute intervals.

I have recieved some streetpass from the offical relays much as McDonald's and other locations but have yet to get any from Homepass. As stated above I believe this may be because the 3DS doesn't connect to the Homepass relay while in sleep mode no matter how long it sits. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you set up attwifi as a connection on your 3DS?
no, and as far as I know it isn't needed as it is an open network (when i make a hotspott in windows 7 with wpa2 connection, the 3ds even sees the Nzone, but can't connect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4U-CrK4Hug