• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, let me explain my process here.

1. My laptop is running Windows 7 and is connected via an Ethernet cable. It also has a USB Wi-Fi adapter and onboard Wi-Fi card as well.
2. I open CMD in Administrator mode and type in "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow"
3. I open Virtual Router Manager and use the SSID "attwifi" and shared with my "Local Area Connection"
4. I then go to my 3DS settings and connect to "attwifi"
5. My 3DS connects successfully and Nintendo Zone is recognized.
6. I then open up MACycle and start it up.
7. I sit and wait, but no streetpasses come.

What exactly would you like pictures of?

Edit: Actually, now I can't connect to the access point at all. Not sure why. It was working before, but now when I start up the AP, it says no internet access. I'm connected to ethernet and it has access, but now attwifi has no access.

Edit 2: I know why it won't connect now. It isn't broadcasting the SSID. My laptop is connected to it but my 3DS won't connect and my iPhone doesn't even see the connection now.

Ok for now don't use Macycle. I tried using it several times an it has never worked for me.

Download Macshift and follow Eldridges guide for manually changing the Mac addressess.

Try this first before having a program to cycle Macs.

Screenshot wise is your connection settings, setting properties and any think else you think will give myself or forum member to help you.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I tried again now and it WORKS. This morning (7.30 am GMT+1) it didn't work either way. I'm happy it's working now, I don't know what happened!
They were having server problems, so that's likely why there was a lull in hits around the update/maintenance window. My access point would even connect for a while but its back to normal now.

anjelchyld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am finding that after hitting 2 MAC addresses, I am capped at 9 streetpasses. Hitting a 3rd MAC has no effect, it will not register any more streetpasses. I am using an Android phone with wifi tether, and everything was working fine before the 3ds update. Anyone else encountering this issue? I have tried it with 2 different consoles, and both max out at 9, not 10. However, I still get 6 streetpasses if I hit a MAC individually. Also, the reason I hit multiple MACs before checking the street plaza is I am after streetpass game data, not the streetpasses themselves.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already tried without a cycler and still nothing. My latest issue is that I can't even connect to attwifi anymore with Virtual Router. Nothing has changed, but my 3DS just wont connect now. I'm now using the manual CMD method and it connects fine. Still working on actually getting streetpasses though. I'll post some pics in a second.

28tf4ur.png

10xbyqh.png

Local Area Connection is my Ethernet connection and it is connected to my router directly
Wi-Fi is my USB adapter with MAC spoofing
Wireless Network Connection is my onboard card, but the MAC is hardcoded
Wireless Network Connection 2 is my virtual attwifi connection

CyKoDeLiC

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there. I wanted to make streetpass for Bravely Default, but cannot get it to work with Mac OSX Mavericks.

I made everything described in the tutorial for MAC, it worked. The connection shows up on my 3DS and the browser works too. But Streetpass isn't showing up and in Nintendo Zone it gives me the Error Code 003-1099, that a connection to an access point could not be build up.

Any idea?

Ok, got that working. Just changed the SSID from TELEKOM to attwifi.

But, on Bravely Default I get no streetpasses...weird.

eNomineZerum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running into the problem where I can freely access my attwifi spot from two 3ds consoles and my other internet device and fully have internet access, update systems, download games off the eshop. However, I have cycled through numerous Mac's both manually and using a cycler with nothing, Virtual Router doesn't register that they have connected until I open the device. I had this working on another computer before I wiped it for unrelated reasons and am unable to set it up properly on an ASUS X200ca. I am also unable to get the Virtual Router connection to display attwifi under it like it used to.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 218

eNomineZerum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: I fixed some msconfig messing I had been doing and now everything seems to be working right except I don't receive a tag. it is as if there is no one there to offer it. I will leave the system running for a few hours to see if perhaps its just a server issue.

Update to the update: It is actually an issue with my laptop. The mac will not change no matter what I do. I have tried cmd macshift and the mac cycler and nothing happens. That is the issue I am facing currently

meccs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys. I tried the method with my MacBook but whenever I change the MAC address I can no longer connect to Wifi. I changed the right adapter (en1) and the MAC address DID indeed change but I can't connect after that. Anyone that can help me?

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I got the duke_srg script running on my dd-wrt router and am using all of the available MAC lists cycling through. This works beautifully! I just got over 80 street passes in 2 hours! Cycling through 10 at a time is going to turn into a full-time job :D

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am finding that after hitting 2 MAC addresses, I am capped at 9 streetpasses. Hitting a 3rd MAC has no effect, it will not register any more streetpasses. I am using an Android phone with wifi tether, and everything was working fine before the 3ds update. Anyone else encountering this issue? I have tried it with 2 different consoles, and both max out at 9, not 10. However, I still get 6 streetpasses if I hit a MAC individually. Also, the reason I hit multiple MACs before checking the street plaza is I am after streetpass game data, not the streetpasses themselves.

Just noticed this today. Did you update the plaza recently? (Was a patch this past week i believe) I know that I patched it, and now I'm not getting past 9/10 streetpasses period. Even my 2 3ds refuse to pass each other for the 10th slot.

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed this today. Did you update the plaza recently? (Was a patch this past week i believe) I know that I patched it, and now I'm not getting past 9/10 streetpasses period. Even my 2 3ds refuse to pass each other for the 10th slot.

I'm all up-to-date and only getting 9 passes as well. Oh well, with my router cycling as frequently as it is I can't keep up with all the passes anyway. This is awesome.

Pogostick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, hello guys you still didn't answer my question. Does Nintendo Homepass work with Windows Vista or not?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, hello guys you still didn't answer my question. Does Nintendo Homepass work with Windows Vista or not?
No reason it shouldn't if XP and 7 can both do it. Just don't hold your breath for instructions, as for some reason Vista is almost as hated as 8 and ME even though it's a perfectly cromulant OS.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after 2 days trying to get a relay on my windows 7 machine, I give up :S It got recognised as a Nintedo Zone but I had errors when trying to access Nintendo Zone and I never had 1 street pass with any of the mac adresses :(

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone knows how to fix the problem with my 3DS not getting internet connection? I followed all the steps and even shared connection with my Ethernet but every-time I try to set it up on the 3Ds it will fail the internet test but pass the access point.

EDIT: I fixed my problem, Seems my antivirus Avast plugin blocked my connection

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The 3ds should be in sleep mode ? also if i use the macycle program, I should reconnect my 3ds every time when it changes the mac or that is done automatically ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1