Status
Not open for further replies.

jhjsaat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yesterday I had my 100th Streetpass! Yeah I know it doesn't seem like a lot for you all! I only got my personal Mac :S
But still a huge deal for me thanks all for using my Mac: 34:08:04:BF:AC:8A and please keep using it I finally making some process in Mii Plaza :D

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some people here that when they try to use the prime addresses, the first bit of the actual mac address that the hotspot uses is shifted. For example when they try to set "4E53504F4F46" as the mac address that the hotspot uses, the mac address "2E53504F4F46" is used instead. So check the acutal mac address that the hotspot is using to see if you have this problem when using the mac addresses from the prime list.

You will only be changing the mac address of the wireless connection so it shouldn't affect your wired connection. The only thing you will need to do with your wired connection is to enable internet sharing on it so that the devices connected to the hotspot can connect to the internet

It might not be a video but I have attached to my post the set of instrutions that I created on how I set up my hotspot connection. It has images to accompany most of the steps so that might help you in setting up yours. There may be some slight differences between the images and what you see on your computer because of the different computer setups but you should be able to get the idea.

UGH could you help me anyone i change my mac address and now i can't connect to any wireless network hotspot. i forgot to write down my mac address and i need it back please help :(

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday, I put my MAC Address in "Personal MAC's" tab on the Google Docs page, but I haven't received any Streetpasses yet. Anyone know what the cause is?

My MAC Address is 00:22:A4:7C:1A:18 for reference.

You will have to wait a bit for people to update the mac address listings of the programs they use to cycle through the mac addresses. Also you will have to wait for someone to actually connect using your mac address for you to get a streetpass hit.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I did this:
Capture.png

image.png

And virtual router manager doesn't work for me. It says, cannot manage, service is not running.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
And virtual router manager doesn't work for me. It says, cannot manage, service is not running.

Try setting up and running the hotspot all from the command prompt window. I had trouble with getting my 3DS to connect to the internet using the Virtual Router Manager, but it worked fine when I used the command prompt window only

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone updated their 3DS with 6.3? If so, do you still get HomePasses? I would assume so, but would be nice to know, I cannot test it since I am at a vacation home at the moment.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone updated their 3DS with 6.3? If so, do you still get HomePasses? I would assume so, but would be nice to know, I cannot test it since I am at a vacation home at the moment.

I updated my 3DS, and HomePass still works. :)

Reactions: Koldur

JackyD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive tried setting up homepass on both my ddwrt router and on a win7 box.

both give it internet (and ddwrt passes through nintendo zone fine), but no streetpasses are coming in.

I can even see it getting an IP while in streetpass mode in virtual router manager.

Cloning seems fine. DDwrt took it without issue, and an ipconfig on the wireless router shows the new and correct mac

Any ideas?

Kervidgen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome. Since this is a problem that other people also have (0E to start), you'll be tagging from a smaller pool of gamers who have the same problem. Only other solution would be to find a driver that doesn't have this problem (possibly impossible!), or get a different wifi card whose drivers do not have this problem.

Yeah, it's been scarce pickings this past week. (Mostly getting folks from Spain, interestingly enough!)

I've been using the custom Atheros drivers for my physical wifi card, and the MAC address changes just fine on that bit. The problem comes from the virtual wifi miniport having the 0E offset. I'm not sure if that's happening because of the physical wifi card, but it's an annoyance all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper