Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, total newbie here but I'm going to give this a shot after I hear back from Big Moe! I have a question though. In the starfall part it says "c - connect GC controller to port 1 on your Wii ." is this a game cube controller? Is there no way to do it without one?
Thanks!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
fila73 said:
U said that this guide can by used to hack any version. But what if the Wii has System Menu version 2.1? The HBC installer claims that it needs at least 2.2. What shall I do? Is there some game which brings update to 3.2 on it's disc?

sure there is many games with updates above 2.1 so any will work for you then you go back to the tutorial and hack your Wii
wink.gif

QUOTE(MamaTJ @ Dec 7 2008, 10:25 PM) Hi all, total newbie here but I'm going to give this a shot after I hear back from Big Moe! I have a question though. In the starfall part it says "c - connect GC controller to port 1 on your Wii ." is this a game cube controller? Is there no way to do it without one?
Thanks!

this is in case of a semi-brick or a brick and you need to boot to recovery menu to run the WadManagerV1.3 to fix the Wad that caused the brick so till it happen (and I hope it doesn't) you don't need it , and if you do just go to any game stop they run about $10 to $20 each
wink.gif

Goldfinger515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant seem to get this to work right. i keep getting errors left and right. what is the best way to restart this whole thing and try again? i already have the hbc and got error 1035 when doing the cios fix. error 1037 installing cios from gamma installer. get error 324 dvd rear errors. got fed up and updated wii thinking i could restart everything and then got error 1037 when redoing the tutorial (except the sdtep 1 since i already have the hbc). getting kinda annoyed at the moment. any help? i seem to have lots going wrong here...

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Goldfinger515 said:
i cant seem to get this to work right. i keep getting errors left and right. what is the best way to restart this whole thing and try again? i already have the hbc and got error 1035 when doing the cios fix. error 1037 installing cios from gamma installer. get error 324 dvd rear errors. got fed up and updated wii thinking i could restart everything and then got error 1037 when redoing the tutorial (except the sdtep 1 since i already have the hbc). getting kinda annoyed at the moment. any help? i seem to have lots going wrong here...

ok , format the Wii and start from scratch , replace the (boot.dol & boot.elf) files in the root of SD Card with this http://rapidshare.com/files/170002327/boot.dol this way you start with HBC Beta9 and be sure to reboot your router before start and reboot tour Wii after each step for better system file structure in case the Wii have a corruption somewhere , and post the results back please , ( PS : be sure that there is no GC memory card or any GC accessories attached to your Wii during installation
wink.gif
. )

Goldfinger515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:

ok , format the Wii and start from scratch , replace the (boot.dol & boot.elf) files in the root of SD Card with this http://rapidshare.com/files/170002327/boot.dol this way you start with HBC Beta9 and be sure to reboot your router before start and reboot tour Wii after each step for better system file structure in case the Wii have a corruption somewhere , and post the results back please , ( PS : be sure that there is no GC memory card or any GC accessories attached to your Wii during installation
wink.gif
. )

is there a way to redo everything without reformatting? i have a bunch of games that i d/led and dont want to lose or redownload. ive been able to even reinstall starfall after updating to 3.4 and then back down to 3.2 with cios downgrader. even just tried the snes emulator adn that works. kinda confused as to why everything seems to wanna work but not the gamma loader

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Goldfinger515 said:
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:

wink.gif
. )

is there a way to redo everything without reformatting? i have a bunch of games that i d/led and dont want to lose or redownload. ive been able to even reinstall starfall after updating to 3.4 and then back down to 3.2 with cios downgrader. even just tried the snes emulator adn that works. kinda confused as to why everything seems to wanna work but not the gamma loader

ok so now you are on 3.2 with Starfall and that's a good news , now install the Cios for Gamma via Wad Manager 1.3 and run Gamma again and post result ( and don't format anything , I thought you still stuck with 3.4
wink.gif
)

Goldfinger515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:

wink.gif
. )

ok so now you are on 3.2 with Starfall and that's a good news , now install the Cios for Gamma via Wad Manager 1.3 and run Gamma again and post result ( and don't format anything , I thought you still stuck with 3.4
wink.gif
)

ok which cios? i can install ios38-64-v3609.wad with wm 1.3 but still dvd read error 324.

using the cios installer from the gama zip gives me "ERROR! (ret = -1035)" thats trying from wifi

from wad file i get "ERROR! (ret =-1)"

ok and now i just used wm 1.3 to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad which still gets me the read error 324

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Goldfinger515 said:
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:

wink.gif
. )

wink.gif
)

ok which cios? i can install ios38-64-v3609.wad with wm 1.3 but still dvd read error 324.

using the cios installer from the gama zip gives me "ERROR! (ret = -1035)" thats trying from wifi

from wad file i get "ERROR! (ret =-1)"

ok and now i just used wm 1.3 to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad which still gets me the read error 324

ok just go to LBC and look for (8-cIOS_Installer Gamma) and run it , then run the Gamma loader , and post back please
smile.gif

jackiechen88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
jackiechen88 said:
mm...
just a question....
i got Japanese Wii Consle... wanna play Eu Wii Fit...
Screen size seems not quit fit properly...
so... is there any program to fix up this issue?
try to adjust the settings on the loader from forcing into vidpatch and what not , but I'm wondering is there any WiiFit Jap , like why you wanna play A pal game on jap system , personally with out Starfall I don't recommend it
smile.gif

QUOTE(jackiechen88 @ Dec 4 2008, 02:53 PM) also..
my wii is Japanese version...
i have sucessfully downgrade to 3.2j..
now...
so wondering.. do i have to instal
stallfall(no because of J region),but what about WiiShop and ISO51, WiiGator and Softchip

now Starfall is a no go in your case but everything else work fine , so you can install all but Starfall .

and it should boot to the Wad Manager V1.3 now when you try it
wink.gif
enjoy

Yes, before i upgrade to 3.4j, my chip works fine, support region free... Now i downgrade to 3.2j, it won't read it without the loader from HBC application pack.
i have used the configuration disc and am pretty sure is set regionfree on....
do you have any idea why is this?

also as you have mention, adjust the setting on the loader from forcing into vidpatch, how do i do that? what loader do you use?
all i want to do is to play Wii Fit,.... don't really care about other games for now... as most of current games are J version.
Just Wii Fit, cos i lives in Australia.... i have to use EU version of Wii.... as long as it work... can adjust to fit NTSC J console,... i am happy...
biggrin.gif

so... can you recommend me a loader or how to adjust to fit?
many thank
best regards,

Goldfinger515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[quote name=

ok just go to LBC and look for (8-cIOS_Installer Gamma) and run it , then run the Gamma loader , and post back please
smile.gif

[/quote]

well trying the 8-cios_installer gamma i get reading "ios36-64v1042.wad", please wait... ERROR! (ret =-1)

but then it also says that it installed successfully...

also get error 1035 while trying the same but using the network for the file

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Goldfinger515 said:
well trying the 8-cios_installer gamma i get reading "ios36-64v1042.wad", please wait... ERROR! (ret =-1)

reinstall it again , or install Ios36 rev7 by Waninkoko ther both work the same with Gamma , and tell me some good results
wink.gif

Goldfinger515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:

reinstall it again , or install Ios36 rev7 by Waninkoko ther both work the same with Gamma , and tell me some good results
wink.gif

again with the error 1035. every tiime i try something i get a stupid error. i think im just gonna give up and never touch this stupid thing again

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Goldfinger515 said:
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:

wink.gif

again with the error 1035. every tiime i try something i get a stupid error. i think im just gonna give up and never touch this stupid thing again

NO DON'T GIVE UP , update to 3.4 and do the tutorial again please , it takes 15 minutes , and be sure to run the IOS16 first with WManagerv1.3 then with CustomWManager16 install the cios_fix , do reboot every time please and if it prompt you to always choose internet installation , cause what's happening with you is IOS might be blocking the installation during to the fixed trucha signing bug , so let's do it man don't give it up now
ohmy.gif
I know you can do it
wink.gif

Goldfinger515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:

wink.gif

NO DON'T GIVE UP , update to 3.4 and do the tutorial again please , it takes 15 minutes , and be sure to run the IOS16 first with WManagerv1.3 then with CustomWManager16 install the cios_fix , do reboot every time please and if it prompt you to always choose internet installation , cause what's happening with you is IOS might be blocking the installation during to the fixed trucha signing bug , so let's do it man don't give it up now
ohmy.gif
I know you can do it
wink.gif

so do everything cept the twilight hack or redo that too?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Goldfinger515 said:
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:
BIG MOE said:
Goldfinger515 said:

wink.gif

ohmy.gif
I know you can do it
wink.gif

so do everything cept the twilight hack or redo that too?
redo all please
wink.gif

Goldfinger515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get error 2011 when trying to install hbc now. says i have system menu 305 and need 290 to install

ok i d/led the hbc 1.0 and got that to install although it said that i had i assume 385 not 305 and hbc now uses i thinik 355. either way it installed and now gonna try the rest

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you thank you thank you Big Moe!!! You walked this 47 year old woman through hacking 3 Wii's today, and I thought I was too old to learn! LOL Just wanted you to know that all 3 finally took. The first 2 were 3.4 and went pretty easy the 3rd was 3.3 and I had the most trouble with it! I had to run a few programs a few times but then they went okay. I struggled with an error on that one... r= -116 then I realized I hadn't set up the internet on that console DUH! I haven't tried playing any back up games yet, I'm still trying to find the easiest way to do that but they are hacked for when I get that part figured out! The kids and grand daughter are gonna love me
yaynds.gif
Thanks again and if you have any tips for burning I'm all ears, you're an awesome teacher!!

excite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks BIG MOE, I also found that noobwarrior7 has a thread on softchip Wii without downgrade, I now have a 3.3e Wii, just wondering which way to go. Would you mind give me some suggestions, will appreciate that.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finished installing yesterday. Tried Sonic Unleashed, and the Intro movie worked at first, then stuttered and then I got an 'cannot read disc' error. I guess this will be due to a bad burn. Tried burning on a Philips DVD-R at 4 speed using Nero on my laptop (LG burner).

Will try to burn it again with my pc. This has an Lite-on burner. Im going to first try the Philips DVR-R again, and If I don't succeed my Platinum DVD+R with changed booktype.

Originals work fine through the backuploader, although I got quite a scare when my original Raving Rabbits TV-Party wouldn't work anymore (Not in the loader, and not in the disc-channel.) But after forcing Pal 60, it worked like a charm, luckily
smile.gif
(Do you have any idea why it wouldn't work at first ??)

So many thanks Moe !
yaypsp.gif

fila73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
sure there is many games with updates above 2.1 so any will work for you then you go back to the tutorial and hack your Wii
wink.gif

sorry for bother you again. where can i get info about which update is on which gamedisc. I am interested in PAL game with 3.2 system update, i tried some googling but I did not succeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: