Hacking How to get started?

SuperHolySheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I wanted to join the dark side and get a xbox 360. But I have no idea where to start. Should I get a new xbox or a cheap one with a rrod. I really don't know. I don't know how this site works but this is a picture of lama's in a car.
dial-lama-car-roof-now-1259517925W.jpg

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would advise not to get a RROD, or previously a fixed previously RROD console. What are your intentions?
Playing retail games only?
Playing backup games?
Xbox Live important?

SuperHolySheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would advise not to get a RROD, or previously a fixed previously RROD console. What are your intentions?
Playing retail games only?
Playing backup games?
Xbox Live important?
Xbox live is actually important for me. But I would also like to play backup games. Don't know if that is possible.

Keep in mind that RROD'd consoles will probably RROD again in a while.
But is it actually possible to use a new xbox? Or do you need a special update/version?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your best shot is to get a 360 phat (120GB Elite model for example) with a mfg date of 2010, those contain a Liteon 9x series drive.
These don't overheat and are easy to hack (compared to the slims) at the time of writing.

Only things needed are a VIA PCI Sata card or a X360USB for flashing/dumping + a connectivity kit like the CK3i and a Probe3 for key extraction.
Download Jungleflasher from the Jungleflasher site and read the enclosed tutorial for a step by step guide on how to dump the keys + flash the drive.

For burning backups you'll need Verbatim Dual Layer DVD's and burn the games at 2.4x speed!!!

For patching them you'll need ABGX 360 to verify that their stealth (safe for live)

Burning XGD3 games (8.3 GB ISO's) you'll need a Liteon iHAS Drive with a hacked firmware.
These are easy to obtain and don't cost that much.

On a site note:
If you don't invest in Verbatim DVD's and a iHAS for XGD3 burning or you're to cheap to get them, you deserve all the problems you'll encounter.
It's best to get that drive and burn both XGD3 and the old XGD2 games with it.
It's a good quality burner and I've never had one faulty burned disc with it.

SuperHolySheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ty DinohScene for giving me some info. But I have still some questions.
Is it possible to use an usb or a harddrive with games on it and still play on XBOX live?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need an ODDE then.

If you're familiar with the WODE then a ODDE is pretty much the same.

They will set you back around 100 dollars.

I'd still recommend stealth patching your games with ABGX, and always stay up to date with the ODDE firmware to reduce chances of being banned.

Examples of ODDE's are: Wasabi 360, xk3y, x360key and BoxZii.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're welcome.

A good 360 would be any 360 Phat made in 2010, they have a Kronos motherboard wich doesn't overheat, atleast mine hasn't and I've had it since the end of 2009. (mfg date 05-10-2009)

If you want I could flash the drive for you for free (if you provide shipping costs)

TriForce_3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome.

A good 360 would be any 360 Phat made in 2010, they have a Kronos motherboard wich doesn't overheat, atleast mine hasn't and I've had it since the end of 2009. (mfg date 05-10-2009)

If you want I could flash the drive for you for free (if you provide shipping costs)

The motherboard you recommend is only because they are less likely to RROD, or is their a more specific reason?

Also, what type of mod is this referred to? Just a flashed Xbox?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Jaspers and Kronosses are the least prone to RRoD (overheating).

Kronos is somewhat diffirent since that has a single compound GPU heatsink.
The Jasper has the v2 styled Heatsink (with an added 2nd heatsink)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol