Homebrew How to Get Rid of the MAC Address?

Tgaming548

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want to do: Temporarily prevent the MAC Address from being viewed on my 3DS.
Why: Personal reasons, but important personal reasons nonetheless.

Could I make a backup and delete system settings? Is there a way to hide or remove the MAC Address from the settings? I really just need a way to hide the address. All I really need to do is delete settings and 3DSident, right? Would my 3DS still run normally without settings? I would really appreciate your help.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
What I want to do: Temporarily prevent the MAC Address from being viewed on my 3DS.

Could I make a backup and delete system settings? Is there a way to hide or remove the MAC Address from the settings? I really just need a way to hide the address. All I really need to do is delete settings and 3DSident, right? Would my 3DS still run normally without settings? I would really appreciate your help.
You can remove System Settings and the MAC address cannot be viewed from there. You can reinstall System Settings by updating your 3DS.

You might also want to make sure the game card slot cannot be used, because the MAC address can be viewed from within DS software.

You can change the MAC address by changing the wifi card inside the 3DS.

Reactions: Dionicio3

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States

Even if you delete system settings, you're MAC address can still be viewed if you are connected to the Wi-Fi

Tgaming548

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to avoid getting blocked lol. Brand doesn't matter. This is why I clearly said what I was trying to accomplish, and to not ask why. I don't want this to be complicated.

piterayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I don't think there's any app for 3DS to spoof a fake MAC address.
You can't hide it, mac address is hardcoded in the hardware of the 3DS (in the wifi adapter). Removing 3DSident or System Settings will just hide it from anyone who has physical access to your 3DS (it wouldn't be displayed in any menu in your 3DS), but the moment it is connected to a network the MAC address is visible

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to avoid getting blocked lol. Brand doesn't matter. This is why I clearly said what I was trying to accomplish, and to not ask why. I don't want this to be complicated.

People are asking why to try and figure out what you're actually trying to do, to see if there's a way to actually do it, because there's no way to connect to a network without a mac address. Period. That's just how it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh