Hacking How to get Pokemon Diamond + GBA Pokemon Cartridge

AlmostCrimes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK So I just got an R4/3-in-1 and trying to figure out everything you can do... So I want to play Pokemon Diamond (recently used savsender to copy my commercial cart save over to the R4
yaynds.gif
) and load a game like Pokemon Fire Red into the GBA slot so I can catch slot-2 exclusive pokemon.

I've patched my GBA games with the EZFlash client and usd the 3in1_Exp_Pack_Tool to load Fire Red into the second slot (I think, I loaded it using PSRAM Mode and NOR mode [takes forever] and I'm not really sure what the difference is between them. All I know is that when I only used PSRAM mode the game wouldn't load when I chose Slot 2 on the main screen, only after copying the game using NOR mode). Although I can load the game using the Slot 2 option (says The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed
huh.gif
) it still seems Pokemon Diamond doesn't notice it... I can't catch Growlithe on Route 201 for example.

Thanks for help
grog.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pokemon: the original game uses Flash to save whereas the GBA carts have SRAM, when the rom tries to read Flash it fails and says no cart.
There is however a patch:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=5342&start=0

PSRAM: gone when you power down and only 16Mbytes in size (admitted only 86 games of which about 5 are any good (Yggdra, mother3, fire emblem euro (and the translated version of the US rom, Riveria and my personal favourite Konchu Ouja - Mushiking))
NOR: takes ages but the code stays until you get rid of it, 256Mbit (32Mbytes which is enough for every commercial rom in existance)

AlmostCrimes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, apparently they got it to work:

QUOTE said:
Good news, everyone! This latest version is working! So far, all I've tested is the migrate feature, but that is working 100%. I'm currently in the Pal Park catching my prize, so when that's finished I'll check the other functionality and report back.

Here's the link:

PokePatch 3in1 V2

EDIT: Migration works fine, and it appears that the GBA rom-based wild pokemon are working too. I was in route 208, with Sapphire rom in, and the expected catch is Seviper. After 4 Machop, 1 Meditite, 2 Psyduck, and 1 Bidoof, I finally saw Seviper. That means...

IT WORKS!

Congrats, cory1492, on a job well done!
But that same patch doesn't seem to work for me, heh.

AlmostCrimes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switching from Fire Red to Sapphire worked... hm. Excited about that at least, but gotta figure out why it doesn't read Fire Red (the one I want, for Elekid hehe). Could it have anything to do with the 1M sub-circuit board is not installed thing?

Edit: I fixed it, seems to be 100% now, sorry for all the posting...
grog.gif

hersuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does anyone know if the M3 Lite supports linkage functionality between Diamond/Pearl and the GBA Pokemon games yet?

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The M3/R4 supports linkage from the actual gba cart (purchased not downloaded)

The 3 in 1 on the other hand only had that function with the EZ Flash V. You can boot the 3 in 1 from the R4 and use it to play 1 gba game or using the 3 in 1 tool you can use it for the Opera Browser or a rumble pack but in order to take your pokemon off the GBA cart it has to be legit.

Using pokesav you can basically clone the pokemon's stats that you would like to use.
http://www.uploading.com/get2.php?c=XB239L...uS8TJCROw0SM%3D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2awrJWfiNks tutorial
http://pkm.m2pt5.com/ Pokemon

monstergarden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That link is apparently for using roms only on flash carts like an R4 and the ez-flash. Not the commercial game and the ez-flash. If anyone knows how to do it with a commercial cart Diamond with the ez-flash holding a rom like Fire Red for migration, please reply.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
monstergarden said:
That link is apparently for using roms only on flash carts like an R4 and the ez-flash. Not the commercial game and the ez-flash. If anyone knows how to do it with a commercial cart Diamond with the ez-flash holding a rom like Fire Red for migration, please reply.

Can't be done.

P.S. Massive bump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh