how to get hans or homebrew launcher grid based to work on newest version of luma

lucas millington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
idk how but trust me it says that
Post automatically merged:

picture/screenshot?
IMG_20230909_164953.jpg

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

lucas millington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why didn't you start by saying that? What in the world makes you think Hans or "homebrew launcher grid" are going to make any kind of difference? I don't even know what "homebrew launcher grid" is. I guess you're trying to reference a post from seven years ago?

Your cartridge is most likely going bad; Persona Q is one of the titles that frequently has that problem. Try Corrupted Cartridge Fixer.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/corrupted-cartridge-fixer-release.628539/
because it did last time i tried it

Why didn't you start by saying that? What in the world makes you think Hans or "homebrew launcher grid" are going to make any kind of difference? I don't even know what "homebrew launcher grid" is. I guess you're trying to reference a post from seven years ago?

Your cartridge is most likely going bad; Persona Q is one of the titles that frequently has that problem. Try Corrupted Cartridge Fixer.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/corrupted-cartridge-fixer-release.628539/
no, maybe dont assume shit cause i have no idea what that post is from 7 years ago is, if you dont know then dont respond

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no, maybe dont assume shit cause i have no idea what that post is from 7 years ago is
Well, there's literally nothing else on this board about that "sh!t", so I don't know who you're expecting to hear from.

ETA: What even happens now when you try to launch Hans? Do you get some kind of message about "takeover targets"?

In some cases you can get around that by starting the game and using the "Switch the hb. title to the current app" feature from the Rosalina menu, but if you can't even start the game, that won't work.

You can always use the "safety check" to boot native firm, and then start Hans from a *hax exploit (if you have a suitable app for that), but then you're likely to encounter more problems no one has ever heard of and that no one will want to help you with.

I'm sure Corrupted Cartridge Fixer didn't exist the last time you were looking at this and that is quite likely your best option at this point.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there's literally nothing else on this board about that "sh!t", so I don't know who you're expecting to hear from.

ETA: What even happens now when you try to launch Hans? Do you get some kind of message about "takeover targets"?

In some cases you can get around that by starting the game and using the "Switch the hb. title to the current app" feature from the Rosalina menu, but if you can't even start the game, that won't work.

You can always use the "safety check" to boot native firm, and then start Hans from a *hax exploit (if you have a suitable app for that), but then you're likely to encounter more problems no one has ever heard of and that no one will want to help you with.

I'm sure Corrupted Cartridge Fixer didn't exist the last time you were looking at this and that is quite likely your best option at this point.
Could also just rip the cart and install the CIA of it.

lucas millington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

google 3ds homebrew launcher grid

it was doing the exact same thing back then aswell so, ill give cart fixer a shot anyway

i cant launch hans because it dosent even appear in homebrew launcher anymore even though i have the file for it

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

it was doing the exact same thing back then aswell so, ill give cart fixer a shot anyway

i cant launch hans because it dosent even appear in homebrew launcher anymore even though i have the file for it
I do vaguely remember this grid homebrew launcher and I can tell you it wouldn't do anything that the regular homebrew launcher can't. It's just a visual modification. HANS is not compatible with newer firmware AFAIK. Even if it was, it's not going to make a corrupted/faulty cart work. Why it doesn't show up at all, I dunno, but it wouldn't make any difference if it did.
Your best bet is the corrupted cartridge fixer, failing that, play a cia of the game. Those are your two options, nothing else is gonna help.

lucas millington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I do vaguely remember this grid homebrew launcher and I can tell you it wouldn't do anything that the regular homebrew launcher can't. It's just a visual modification. HANS is not compatible with newer firmware AFAIK. Even if it was, it's not going to make a corrupted/faulty cart work. Why it doesn't show up at all, I dunno, but it wouldn't make any difference if it did.
Your best bet is the corrupted cartridge fixer, failing that, play a cia of the game. Those are your two options, nothing else is gonna help.
it has the option for region free built in which the new launcher does not

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one anywhere else seems to have touched it for seven years either.

I find it very difficult to believe that has anything to do with your Luma version.

What files do you have in the "3ds" directory on your SD card? Do you see other .3dsx titles in there in the Homebrew Launcher? What do you se if you remove everything except the files that seem to be related to Hans?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...