Gaming How to get free games..

Explosivo

Trophies
XP
Country
i bought myself a dvdrw drive once and returned the box with my old cd rom dive in it and got a refund
rofl2.gif

= free dvdrw

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, not at Staples at least. When someone returns an item, they have to return the free item too. The deal is that the item is free only when bought 2 others. Return the other 2, and your 3rd game becomes game 1.

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
Stealing from a shop like that is hard because you can easily put a face to your victim.

ROM downloading is different.

It's like those movie ad's that say "You wouldn't steal a car so why download a movie?" Those a completely stupid. Both are in different context's, just like this argument...nobody correct me...

bradigor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tend to download the roms to playtest it. There are no demo discs as such given with ONM so it is hard to make an informed judgement.

On PSOne I could play a demo then get the game based on that. Tony Hawks for one, Toca was another etc.

Most of the games I download I bin off after a few plays, that would see £30 wasted buying a game I hadn't had the chance to try out. If I like the game I download (Zelda, Pokemon, Create & Race, Tetris etc) I will then go out and buy the game from a store. Doesn't help that Blockbuster & Choices don't seem to rent these games out anymore
frown.gif

I will continue to play the downloaded rom, and just keep hard copy as proof of purchase.

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, you know, Toys r Us has this "buy 2 get 1 free" offer.. So, what if you bought 2 games and get the other one free. Then, return the first two that you bought and keep the other one? Will it work? I heard people say yes, but I need further opinions... I'll try it hehe
smile.gif

yeah it works and ppl mentioned this on slickdeals like 4 fucking years ago

reaperman@home

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
generally retailers have thought of the "free game" and as it's marked on the recipt usually indicates its status. Even if it's not, it will flash often flash an alert on their screen when they look up the transaction.

Additionally customer service workers are trained to look for that specific situation.

Rom stealing is very different. I will say that it keeps me from buying a lot of bad games, but it also introduces me to quite a few games I wouldn't have ordinarily picked up. My wife's got me on a fixed game budget, so nobody's really losing out on the total share of my income spent on gaming.

When I do buy games for systems that I've already 'tried', the retail copies stay sealed in packaging for resale value. (and I'm kind of thinking of making a display of new GBA games/systems) Speaking of which, used game sales screw with the gaming economy as much or more than roms do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."