how to get DScovered to run BACKups directly

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by newbie joe, May 30, 2011.

May 30, 2011
  1. newbie joe
    OP

Newcomer newbie joe Newbie

United Kingdom
    OK, so I have got the files from http://leafmoon.users.sourceforge.net/xeno...s_r32_libfat.7z

but I cannot find a clear 'How To' guide for installation and configuring, the info here (http://leafmoon.users.sourceforge.net/xenonnds/pukiwiki/index.php?DSCovered%20Loader) doesn't seem to be complete. what am I missing?

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Maybe some information about your flashcart...it's helpful stuff...practically all the time.
    -edit-
    Thinking back to it...all you have to do is set up your extlink loader (ysmenu, woodr4, AKAIO, etc.) and then put the loader_extlink.nds in...or you could just use the ones provided with DSCovered (if available anyways).

3. newbie joe
    OP

Newcomer newbie joe Newbie

United Kingdom
    yeah, stoopid me. Its on an AceKard2i in a DSIXL.

Thanks for he quick reply though but I think I have done it. I managed to piece it together from hints scattered around from yourself, Xenon++ and a few others [​IMG]

Here it is:

I have made a folder called moonshl2 on the card, in it I made a folder called extlink. In that I have mshl2wrap.ini, nds.mshl2wrap.nds and nds.inilink.nds (not really sure if both of these are needed).

Then in the d_system / loaders folder, I have put the loader_extlink.nds file.

Prep DSCovered using the windows app.

Boot the DS and launch DSCovered. In the settings select loader_extlink.nds as the active rom loader.

Voila, my commercial rom backups will now launch straight from DSCovered.

Neat.

4. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's no exactly running the commercial ROMS directly. they are being sent via the DScovered loader to the Moonshell Loaders finally to the akIAO loaders where the game is finally run.

I had a copy of the edited DScovered loader that calls akIAO directly. It is no quicker but it is visually a little more appealing as it does not flash through as many screens to get to akAIO. Unfortunately, the only place I posted a link to the file was on spinalcodes website which is down at the moment.

If I remember @jurassicplayers instructions you take the original akAIO loader from the DSCovered package and do a hex edit changing instances of FAT0 to FAT1, or was it FAT1 to FAT0?

cheers [​IMG]

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Educated guess: 1 to 0.