jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe some information about your flashcart...it's helpful stuff...practically all the time.
-edit-
Thinking back to it...all you have to do is set up your extlink loader (ysmenu, woodr4, AKAIO, etc.) and then put the loader_extlink.nds in...or you could just use the ones provided with DSCovered (if available anyways).

newbie joe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Maybe some information about your flashcart...it's helpful stuff...practically all the time.

yeah, stoopid me. Its on an AceKard2i in a DSIXL.

Thanks for he quick reply though but I think I have done it. I managed to piece it together from hints scattered around from yourself, Xenon++ and a few others
smile.gif

Here it is:

I have made a folder called moonshl2 on the card, in it I made a folder called extlink. In that I have mshl2wrap.ini, nds.mshl2wrap.nds and nds.inilink.nds (not really sure if both of these are needed).

Then in the d_system / loaders folder, I have put the loader_extlink.nds file.

Prep DSCovered using the windows app.

Boot the DS and launch DSCovered. In the settings select loader_extlink.nds as the active rom loader.

Voila, my commercial rom backups will now launch straight from DSCovered.

Neat.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's no exactly running the commercial ROMS directly. they are being sent via the DScovered loader to the Moonshell Loaders finally to the akIAO loaders where the game is finally run.

I had a copy of the edited DScovered loader that calls akIAO directly. It is no quicker but it is visually a little more appealing as it does not flash through as many screens to get to akAIO. Unfortunately, the only place I posted a link to the file was on spinalcodes website which is down at the moment.

If I remember @jurassicplayers instructions you take the original akAIO loader from the DSCovered package and do a hex edit changing instances of FAT0 to FAT1, or was it FAT1 to FAT0?

cheers
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome