How to fully extract a .TDS (Famicom Disk System) ROM from a 3DS VC game

YupYup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First you dump the rom like you would for any normal NES game (gm9, titles, find the game, show folder, 000000.app, mount to drive, romfs, rom then copy the file to gm9/out)

Put it in your PC and open it in HxD

Go to $2010 (Ctrl+G in HxD and type 2010) and copy everything from there to the end

MAKE SURE TO COPY ALL THE ZEROES AT THE END TOO

Open a new HxD document and paste the hex code and save it as a ".qd" file

Download this python script and save it to the same directory

Open CMD in that folder, type "py qd2fds -h" for help on how to structure the command

Then it will be converted to a fds file, now if you have an FDS BIOS file then you can now play it in standalone fceux or RetroArch's fceux core.

You can use Animal Crossing for the GameCube with a hacked Wii to get a BIOS file:

($10 - $2010 in your tds file has a BIOS file but it's been modified and I don't know how to get that working in an emulator yet)

YupYup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
also i spent ages looking for this, so i'm gonna comment "eshop" and "virtual console" to make it easier for people like me to find

chuckle-huts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The page you listed tells you of the differences in the bios, and correcting them will get it to boot. Just make shure you cut the bios right so the changed bytes line up.

Also, I managed to do something similar with the Smash 4 masterpieces, and i extracted the rom for super mario bros. 2. Unfortunately, i cant get the game to boot, even when getting the bios from that, too. Would you know what the header for the game looks like, or at least the file size?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021