Hacking Question How to fix sx-os "boot.dat?" error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARTOSLIME

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi there guys im new to this forum but i think i may have discovered something.. ive recently started a service installing the trinket m0 and when i did the first one (my own) all the soldering went well and everything was looking good.. right up to the point where the metal shield was on and i was inserting the sd card. i hulk smashed the sd card reader back in and bent the pins like an absolute lemon. rather than wait ages for ebay or china to deliver me a new sd card reader.. i bought a brand new switch from argos because they have same day delivery. i nicked the sd reader out of that and stuck it in mine and i was away to the races! great!

well not so great! i then ordered a new sd reader off ebay for the second switch. but when it arrived i was constantly getting the dreaded ''Boot.dat'' screen when trying to boot into sx os. i thought the seller on ebay had sent me a dud.. because the sd card reader from my first switch would transfer over and work fine (ruling out the mainboard and my soldering) so i sent it back... i then ordered 2 more from different sellers.. and low and behold today comes and both these new ones constantly give me the boot.dat screen.

now there are differences ...all the sd readers that dont work all have circle holes in the silver part where the sd card fits.. the original does not..
the readers that dont work (oem ones found on ebay amazon aliexpress etc...) all have the same numbers printed on the circuit...HAC-SD-01 CA HF

the reader that does work and the one i hulk smashed has HAC-SD-01 TS HF

this is 100% the reason im getting the boot.dat error because the new sd readers throw up the error.. and the original doesnt.. and this is between 2 switches. but online. they all seem to be these oem variants CA HF...

i dont know if this helps anyone and im sorry i dont know if i can even include pictures! but im now on the hunt for another sd reader with TS HF written on it so i can get this second modded switch sold!

**edit*
also!! all the sd card readers with holes in- the new ones (CA HF) << they do actually seemingly work fine in official firmware and it doesnt seem to matter weather its exfat or fat32! its only a problem when trying to boot into sxos

anyone besides scou has had the chance to test whether the sd card slot with CA HF pcb works with sx os and hekate? I am asking this question because around there are only models with pcb CA HF and none with TS HF pcb.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well tell him its ok i ve almost fill the card with no errors so its not fake

anyone besides scouhas had the chance to test whether the sd card slot with CA HF pcb works with sx os and hekate? I am asking this question because around there are only models with CA HF pcb and none with TS HF pcb

Last edited by ARTOSLIME,

Ripunj

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I would like to share my experience. I had the same problem. So I was testing a emulator and its roms but for that I have to copy paste again and again in microSD, I have directly pulled out the card reader without ejecting it from the system software and somehow it may corrupted some files like boot.dat (Please always eject the card reader or any PD from the system software first). Now coming up to the boot.dat error, all you have to do is download the boot.dat file from sx(dot)xecuter(dot)com (do download only that version you have in the microSD or otherwise it will not work). Copy and paste the boot.dat file in the microSD (overwrite it). Now try to boot. It may solve your error.
PS - That was my case. I don't about other cases but you can try. Good luck.

petermesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Recently had the boot.dat? Error. It was working one minute. The power drained then wouldn't boot. As mentioned in various posts its not software that caused mine but a fault with the card reader in the Switch. I lodged a little bit of plastic under the SD card forcing it to connect with the SD reader a little more tightly and it worked. I guess the readers in the switch isn't that robust and wear easily.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: comput3rus3r
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y