How to fix GC compatibility?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by gene0915, Oct 30, 2016.

1. gene0915
    OP

gene0915 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2008
    United States
    I have a Wii that I used ModMii to hack a LONG, LONG time ago. I installed (I think) some sort of DIOS MIOS .WAD file so I could play GC games from USB. Everything was working perfectly for quite some time. Eventually, my kid and I grew tired of the Wii and left it sit for a year or two. Kid # 2 comes along and she is getting to the age of wanting to play on the Wii and I noticed the GC games aren't working.

How do I get things back to normal (normal being that GC backups work and I can play GC games via Wii Flow from USB)?

Do I use ModMii to install RVL-10??.wad and then DIOS MIOS? Or is there a "repair GC compatibility" guide somewhere?

2. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Dios-mios is outdated now. Nintendont is the preferred method of GC backups on a Wii console. I would uninstall it and run the RVL-mios-v10.wad to restore functionality for the original discs and follow the nintendont guide.

https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/gamecube/nintendont

Might be worth doing a Syscheck with Modmii and updating the cios's while your at it, if you haven't used it in a while incase may want to use Wii backups too.

Last edited by retrofan_k, Oct 30, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice