How to fix GC compatibility?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by gene0915, Oct 30, 2016.

1. gene0915
    OP

gene0915 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2008
    United States
    I have a Wii that I used ModMii to hack a LONG, LONG time ago. I installed (I think) some sort of DIOS MIOS .WAD file so I could play GC games from USB. Everything was working perfectly for quite some time. Eventually, my kid and I grew tired of the Wii and left it sit for a year or two. Kid # 2 comes along and she is getting to the age of wanting to play on the Wii and I noticed the GC games aren't working.

How do I get things back to normal (normal being that GC backups work and I can play GC games via Wii Flow from USB)?

Do I use ModMii to install RVL-10??.wad and then DIOS MIOS? Or is there a "repair GC compatibility" guide somewhere?

2. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Dios-mios is outdated now. Nintendont is the preferred method of GC backups on a Wii console. I would uninstall it and run the RVL-mios-v10.wad to restore functionality for the original discs and follow the nintendont guide.

https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/gamecube/nintendont

Might be worth doing a Syscheck with Modmii and updating the cios's while your at it, if you haven't used it in a while incase may want to use Wii backups too.

Last edited by retrofan_k, Oct 30, 2016