Hacking How to fix dead pixels

jlsyber

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few stuck pixels on my DS. Is there anyway to fix them, other than buying a new screen?

Thanks in advance!

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
ninty used to replace ur ds if a had more the one dead pixel if u bought it within the year

not sure if they still do it though

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
If they are stuck pixels then there is still hope, you could use one of the many pixelfixer homebrews out there. If the pixels are dead however, then you're out of luck.

Dead pixels are white or black and are impossible to fix. Stuck pixels are the brightly colored ones like blue or red, these are fixable by flashing different colors really fast on the screen for a long period of time. Some say that putting light pressure on the screen while doing it may help as well.

I have fixed two DS consoles stuck pixels by doing this myself. The first time it only took a couple of minutes, the second time I had to have the DS on for hours until i fixed itself.

jlsyber

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of them are black and some and blue. I don't think I did anything to make the pixels die though
tongue.gif

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
jamesdiamond said:
Some of them are black and some and blue. I don't think I did anything to make the pixels die though
tongue.gif

Of course you didn't, they become like that during production. The blue pixels you have are probably fixable, but the black ones are there to stay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@