Misc How to factory reset without internet?

darky2003

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
Just bought a wiiu but there are two accounts from the previous owners i can't delete because they are nnid password protected.
Now i want to restore factory settings but it forces me to connect to the internet!

If i set up my WiFi to restore the factory settings will my console get updated?
I have 5.1.1 atm and want to stay there for homebrew. Or is it safe to update anyway?

Hope someone can give me answers here.

Thx!

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a wiiu but there are two accounts from the previous owners i can't delete because they are nnid password protected.
Now i want to restore factory settings but it forces me to connect to the internet!

If i set up my WiFi to restore the factory settings will my console get updated?
I have 5.1.1 atm and want to stay there for homebrew. Or is it safe to update anyway?

Hope someone can give me answers here.

Thx!
It is. 5.5.1 is the latest firmware and has a kernel hack for that version so you can run homebrew and loadiine.

Reactions: darky2003

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same situation. I bought a used wii u running on 5.5.1 . I want to factory reset but it is asking me to connect to internet. I don't want to risk having my wii u gets updated

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thx. So no pb even if it gets updated?

Side question=i didn't get a sensor bar with my used wii u. Is it supposed to be included in a new wii u?

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get the sensor bar ... guess the seller forgot it ... fortunately I already have a wii with a sensor bar but I plan to sell my wii .. so I also ordered a sensor bar

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, Is there a way to factory reset without connecting to the Internet?
I have 4 WIIU, I realised that oldest OS tend to loads faster, so I want to keep old OS.
how can I factory reset without updating?? Also, will this be still possible when the Nintendo Shop will be Down has the connection occurs with the nintendo shop updating site, Am I wrong? Will it stay forever??
I'm on 5.5.4 on this wiiu (all my otjer wiiu are upgraded) and I want to keep it on this firmware. Do disk exists to make you able to upgrade or downgrade the Os? The wiiu has no exploit on it (for the moment)

Last edited by mrmagicm,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm on 5.5.4 on this wiiu (all my otjer wiiu are upgraded) and I want to keep it on this firmware. Do disk exists to make you able to upgrade or downgrade the Os? The wiiu has no exploit on it (for the moment)
Hello,

whether your wii U is version 5.5.4 or version 5.5.5, it does not change much

===>https://www.nintendo.fr/Assistance/...tions-sur-la-derniere-mise-a-jour-677417.html

===>https://fr-americas-support.nintend...-mises-à-jour-de-la-console-avec-descriptions

Reactions: Kopimist

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Is there a way to factory reset without connecting to the Internet?
I have 4 WIIU, I realised that oldest OS tend to loads faster, so I want to keep old OS.
how can I factory reset without updating?? Also, will this be still possible when the Nintendo Shop will be Down has the connection occurs with the nintendo shop updating site, Am I wrong? Will it stay forever??
If all you need to do is delete old users then you can just do it with FTPii U Everywhere on a soft modded Wii U.

Be careful.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/deleting-wii-u-user-without-nid-password.493387/

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still the same question: Is there a way to factory reset WITHOUT connecting to the Internet on a non-Modded Wiiu?
What will it be like when the wiiU store is Closed?
Does a DVD exists somewhere or something else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over