How to dump roms?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by JohanX, Sep 14, 2010.

Sep 14, 2010

How to dump roms? by JohanX at 4:03 PM (1,667 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. JohanX
    OP

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    What hardware and software do I need in order to get a ROM image from a DS cartridge?

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
  3. JohanX
    OP

United States
    OK - here is what I have:

Acekard2i
    DSI and a DS Lite
    NDS Backup Tool (Wifi) v0.31

I edit the ini file to point to my laptop which has smallftpd running. Both the .ini and the .nds files for the backup tool are in the root directory of my SD card.

I tested smallftpd and was able to transfer a file from my desktop PC, so I think it is configured correctly

When I run the backup tool from either the DS Lite or the DSi, it sits there with the "Connecting for Access Point . ." message. smallftpd doesn't indicate that there is a connection established to it.

I shut down my internet security on my laptop and even directed the DMZ on my router to send all incoming requests to my notebook. None of this helped. I also tried using both the local IP address and the external IP address, but that didn't make a difference.

Any suggestions?

4. L551

Member L551 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Connecting for Access Point . .

Means it's not even connecting to your router. Note that the DS can only use WEP encrypted connections, IIRC.
    Try re-setting up the wireless network on your DS.

5. JohanX
    OP

United States
    WiFi connection is fine. The test function works and on the DSi I can use the web browser.

I am wondering if the backup program is reading the ini file. I deleted the ini file and the backup program didn't complain. It just sat there trying to connect...

The ini file is named NDS_Backup_Tool_Wifi.ini and is in the root directory of my SD card, where the backup program file is located. Is this correct?

6. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia